Forum Thread: VLC player update on version 2.0.6 runs forever, again a never en...

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
VideoLAN
And, this specific program:
VLC Media Player 2.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
dreifeld.ch VLC player update on version 2.0.6 runs forever, again a never ending update...
Member 18th Apr, 2013 16:19
Ranking: 0
User Since: 13th Jul, 2010
System Score: N/A
Hi secunia,
VLC Player's update from 2.0.5 to 2.0.6 runs again forever. Constantly "Update running". My manual update takes about 30 to 60 seconds, but this is not how it should be.
Any idea? Any log data or protocol needed to investigate?
Greetings, dfag

This user no longer exists RE: VLC player update on version 2.0.6 runs forever, again a never ending update...
Secunia Official 19th Apr, 2013 10:23
Are you using PSI 3? If so you may need to close and reopen the interface to get updated scan results. We are working to get that issue fixed. PSI 1 and 2 are not affected.

If that do not fix it and the auto-update in the PSI continue to be stuck I recommend that you use the update mechanism build into VLC Media Player. Or you can download the installer from the vendor website.
gdssjov RE: VLC player update on version 2.0.6 runs forever, again a never ending update...
Member 19th Apr, 2013 15:38
Score: 0
User Since: 21st Oct 2010
System Score: N/A
on 18th Apr, 2013 16:19, dreifeld.ch wrote:
Hi secunia,
VLC Player's update from 2.0.5 to 2.0.6 runs again forever. Constantly "Update running". My manual update takes about 30 to 60 seconds, but this is not how it should be.
Any idea? Any log data or protocol needed to investigate?
Greetings, dfag

Same here.
Also with 7.0.170.2 java upgrade to 7.0.210.11
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.