Forum Thread: Inability to upload program "FileIdentifier" to Secunia

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
JohnCarl Inability to upload program "FileIdentifier" to Secunia
Member 19th Apr, 2013 01:24
Ranking: 0
User Since: 19th Apr, 2013
System Score: N/A
I recently downloaded a program named FileIdentifier from FileInfo.com, the program is installed on my computer but I cannot upload it to secunia for inclusion in their database. The reason is because the main exe. does not have a file version number, also the program does not have any dlls that I can find. Every time I attempt to upload it to secunia I get a message saying that the exe. does not have a version number. So how do I get it onto secunia's database? I am a new member to the forums though I have been an unregistered user for some time but this problem has got me beat. My computer is a Packard Bell desktop Windows Vista SP2. Can anyone help me?

--
John Carlson

Maurice Joyce RE: Inability to upload program "FileIdentifier" to Secunia
Handling Contributor 19th Apr, 2013 01:33
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
Is this it?
http://www.fileinfo.com/help/desktop_gadget

If it has not got any readable meta data then Secunia will have no means of tracking it hence the failure to submit it.

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+1
JohnCarl RE: Inability to upload program "FileIdentifier" to Secunia
Member 21st Apr, 2013 00:55
Score: 0
User Since: 19th Apr 2013
Maurice
Thank you very much for your input. Yes you have exactly the right information, it is indeed from http://www.fileinfo.com/help/desktop gadget. Your answer is good enough for me, I'll just forget about uploading this program to secunia.

--
John Carlson
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.