Forum Thread: PSI hang while updating

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as resolved.
YellowPanda PSI hang while updating
Member 17th May, 2013 22:21
Ranking: 0
User Since: 17th May, 2013
System Score: N/A
Hi Secunia.

Secunia PSI have found two applications that needs security updates but PSI keeps showing "Updating". It has been like this for two days now. I had expected that PSI should install the update automatically.

Any suggestions?

Kind regards
YellowPanda.

Post "RE: PSI hang while updating" has been selected as an answer.
This user no longer exists RE: PSI hang while updating
Secunia Official 21st May, 2013 09:12
Which programs are you trying to update and what version of the PSI do you use?

If you are using PSI 3 then please make sure you have the very latest version. Most issues of auto-updates getting stuck seem to have been fixed in that version.
YellowPanda RE: PSI hang while updating
Member 22nd May, 2013 17:59
Score: 0
User Since: 17th May 2013
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 22nd May, 2013 18:00
on 21st May, 2013 09:12, wrote:
Which programs are you trying to update and what version of the PSI do you use?

If you are using PSI 3 then please make sure you have the very latest version. Most issues of auto-updates getting stuck seem to have been fixed in that version.

I use Secunia PSI version 3.0.0.7009 and the programs that it tries to update is Adobe AIR 3.7.0.1530 and Apple iTunes 11.0.2.26 (64-bit). PSI is running on Windows 8 (64-bit).
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: PSI hang while updating
Secunia Official 23rd May, 2013 12:24
Thank you for the information. I have created a bug report for this issue so our developers can look into it. Hopefully we can get the issue fixed soon. Until then you may need to update your programs manually.

This thread has been marked as locked.