Forum Thread: Cryptic System for updating

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
cuinc Cryptic System for updating
Member 4th Jun, 2013 19:17
Ranking: 0
User Since: 4th Jun, 2013
System Score: N/A
I like the software and concept for updating. However, the software that need manual updates does not work like it should. All the end user gets is a window with items that are not updated. There is no button to update them. Only after you right click on them do you get more information and at best it is cryptix and unusable.

Happy to accept that I am doing something wrong but I do not see how to complete manual updates. I have doubled clicked, right clicked, rebooted, restarted the program, scanned again.

Maurice Joyce RE: Cryptic System for updating
Handling Contributor 5th Jun, 2013 17:09
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
System Score: N/A
I note you have been waiting some time for a response. I will try & help.

This is what you should see on the Scan Results Page if using PSI version 3.

https://1ncuig.bn1.livefilestore.com/y2pAcTPU0jAzo...

Are the link(s) not working? If not, what programmes are affected?

I am not exactly sure what you mean by cryptic - is this the view you are referring to?

https://1ncuig.bn1.livefilestore.com/y2pKgjFcB_Rpw...

If so that is a vital key element of PSI in that it gives the user the exact path to where PSI has located the programme file it asset tracks. If double clicked it will open Windows Explorer & show where the file is. It has no direct benefit to updating but is of great value if trouble shooting.

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+2

This thread has been marked as locked.