Forum Thread: False Google Sketchup Notification

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Google
And, this specific program:
Google SketchUp 8.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
gwilki False Google Sketchup Notification
Member 13th Jun, 2013 23:37
Ranking: 0
User Since: 19th Dec, 2007
System Score: N/A
I am getting a flag saying that google sketchup 8 is end-of-life. It points to a file

c:\program files(x86)\google\google sketchup8\sketchup.exe

That file does not exist in that folder or any other on my PC. The sketchup8 folder does exist. It contains only a subfolder called plugins. The file in question is not in that subfolder.

I will simply ignore the flat, but I wanted to bring this glitch to Secunia's attention.

This user no longer exists RE: False Google Sketchup Notification
Secunia Official 14th Jun, 2013 09:32
gwilki RE: False Google Sketchup Notification
Member 14th Jun, 2013 14:02
Score: 0
User Since: 19th Dec 2007
System Score: N/A
Thank you for your reply. I did a re-scan immediately, but that did nothing. I did a cold boot of the PC and the problem remained.

I did solve it late last night, by uninstalling PSI and re-installing it. It's a bit of a pain to resort to this solution, but it worked.

Frequently, I get a red indicator in the windows 7 toolbar, but when I open PSI, there are no indicators in the scan. A quick uninstall and re-install always fixes the issue. So, I've gotten used to doing this to address anomalies.

I reported this one to bring it to your attention, even though I was quite confident that my usual solution would work.

Thank you again.

Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.