Forum Thread: old versions 2 and 3 running on two PC did no longer work, Why?

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
mwonex old versions 2 and 3 running on two PC did no longer work, Why?
Member 26th Jun, 2013 15:14
Ranking: 0
User Since: 17th Aug, 2012
System Score: N/A
Hello,

I Had no problem with these two PSI secunia tools until now, but today, it was impossible to have a scan done when no parameter has been changed.

Somewere there was an advertisement about an activx (?) after I had anoter about a script which was blocking the process, and the two could not achieve their job.

So I went on this URl from Secunia and load the last PSI named 3.0.0.7009.
Since I did this it's working well (Windows 7 64 bits the two).

My question would be: may I be advertised when a new update is released, because PSI does not update itself...!

Sorry if this question has yet being asked

Have a good day :)

--
mwonex

knoteyezl RE: old versions 2 and 3 running on two PC did no longer work, Why?
Member 26th Jun, 2013 15:28
Score: 0
User Since: 21st Sep 2010
I am using Secunia 2 on several computers, both Windows XP, SP3, and Windows 7/64. The program is has difficulty checking internet connection. If it DOES manage that, scan is slow and aborts- I assume its because of the time(over 7 minutes) instead the typical under 2 minutes and has yet to finish a scan. A Popup states scan was aborted. The dashboard shows 100% score , but tray icon is red. My internet connection is not the issue. Is there something else to try?

Thanks!
Was this reply relevant?
+0
rd52 newest version not working since yesterday
Member 26th Jun, 2013 15:38
Score: 21
User Since: 4th Dec 2008
I have the newest version. When I started my computer Secunia requested that I check my internet connection. The Secunia icon appears grey colored in my launch area, and refuses to open.
Was this reply relevant?
+1
mwonex RE: old versions 2 and 3 running on two PC did no longer work, Why?
Member 26th Jun, 2013 15:46
Score: 0
User Since: 17th Aug 2012
Last edited on 26th Jun, 2013 15:49
Well I had too the problem of being 100% updated, and red icon, and scan never ending to run.

Else I had a grey icon only during the install of the last updated version.
May be your connexion is down?

After this, it worked well for me, may be you have to make your PC stop and start when install process is achieved?

--
mwonex
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: old versions 2 and 3 running on two PC did no longer work, Why?
Secunia Official 26th Jun, 2013 15:59
@mwonex
The PSI does not currently have a feature to notify the user about updates to itself unless the update closes a known vulnerability. However, we are considering implementing an easier way to check for updates to the PSI.

This thread has been marked as locked.