Forum Thread: manual install

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Adobe Systems
And, this specific program:
Adobe Flash Player 11.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
peterrrr manual install
Member 4th Jul, 2013 00:27
Ranking: 2
User Since: 5th Sep, 2010
System Score: N/A
Hello
Some time ago I ran Secunia psi and it kept saying I had to manually install a program - I believe it was a windows update but cannot be sure. I just reinstalled Secunia to give it a try again and the same thing happened. I did not want to foul my pc so terminated all and removed Secunia. I would have thought by now this would not occur. I run Win 8 Pro x 64 and miss your program. I am afraid you will want more than I can supply without putting my machine at risk.
The last time I had to remove a file, with your direction, but after doing so, I had corruption with SFC so performed DISM. Finally Macrium recovery was used. You can see why I am reluctant to peruse this by completing the scan.
I just wanted you to know I miss the program but it is causing too much to repair.
Peter

This user no longer exists RE: manual install
Secunia Official 4th Jul, 2013 15:10
I order for us to understand the issue and help you solve it, please be as specific as possible. What exactly is the issue? What program are you trying to update manually? Are you getting any error messages? Which version of the PSI are you using?
peterrrr RE: manual install
Member 4th Jul, 2013 17:58
Score: 2
User Since: 5th Sep 2010
Adobe Flash Player 11x npapi

Above is the title that explains the entire thread. If you locate it in my threads you will be updated as to what the issue is in its entirety.
It is closed or I would use it. Please refer to it.
I need to add to it as the issue was not resolved as thought. Secunia kept buffering or spinning over this entry and state I needed a manual installation.

The reason I am writing you is to tell you that Secunia was not working with my 64 bit Win 8 and when I removed the file you requested, SFC found corruption which I finally corrected with DISM.
Although Secunia finally ran a successful scan, my registry was not running properly and once again the same issue persists.. I am writing in case others have this problem. I am not going to replicate this scan as it fouls my system. I was trying to use Secunia after these couple of months hoping the issue would be rectified by now.
I you can run a scan with Win 8 64 bit re Adobe Flash Player 11x npapi than the problem is mine but I cannot.
I hope you look into this.
I wish I could use your program but it is not functioning properly with Adobe Flash Player 11x npapi
Was this reply relevant?
+0
puget1 RE: manual install
Member 5th Jul, 2013 08:53
Score:
User Since: 21st Dec 2007
Maybe this might be of assistance:I am sure you have gone over the FAQ for Secunia. Issues that have come up in the past were Antivirus settings and whether your Firewall has permission for Secunia. I recently learn that you have to keep the Default LSO cookie for Adobe Shockwave, if using Firefox.Better Privacy. You can go to the search box in Secunia and run through other entries for updating shockwave player and if a solution was found. If you choose to uninstall / reinstall go to Program File and use Secunia application uninstall and then reinstall . Go to windows add/remove and click on Flash Player Settings Manager and tick to "allow sites to save information on this computer. Another trick I've used is to go to the sight that uses flash player with flash player unistall and have that sight update flash player. They are now using a DAT file which I believe to be a Europe design file you can also Google for a free Dat file opener. Mind you that the plugon for Firefox is very weak.

Hope this helps luck

--
Windows 10 64bit

There is No magic bullet in computing; only work a rounds.

Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 5th Jul, 2013 15:00
Thank you for that.
Please allow e to paste a reply I received from a friend thinking Windows updates was the issue. I am doing so to inform you that another issue has arisen, only.

I found a solution for Secunia not updating microsoft files..
I downloaded Secunia 3, and had the same issues with trying to update 2 microsoft files that I know are outdated.
It cannot connect to the web page. "an error has occured....."
I do not have Internet Explorer installed, so I went to my Chrome settings and saw that Chrome WAS the default browser.
So i opened up Chromium settings and made Chromium my default browser, and voila, shes cured..
I went back to the Chrome settings and again made it the default browser, and again.. she works...
You may have to re-select your browser to default by making something else the default then returning to your preferred browser.
Dont forget to close the browser before using the Secunia updater.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
puget1 RE: manual install
Member 5th Jul, 2013 16:53
Score:
User Since: 21st Dec 2007
Glad you found a solution . I will keep in mind. I learned something. I assumed that the plug in was NAPI was a Firefox plug-in, I now know it is a generic plug-in.. Adobe, and Java now appear to be of the biggest problem makers for Secunia. As you can see ,I have been with Secunia for a long time. I think the 3.0 project is a monumental task. If ever perfected it will be a leap forward . Care, and stick with Secunia.

--
Windows 10 64bit

There is No magic bullet in computing; only work a rounds.

Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 5th Jul, 2013 18:03
I notice you refer to Flash and napi which began this thread.

The previous post is a different issue which someone found a solution for which deals with Windows updates.

I will leave you now to sort out as you wish and thank you for your time.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.