Forum Thread: PSI 3.0 shuts down antivirus/security programs at startup

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as resolved.
borusjk PSI 3.0 shuts down antivirus/security programs at startup
Member 10th Jul, 2013 22:45
Ranking: 0
User Since: 10th Jul, 2013
System Score: N/A
Tried latest version of PSI 3.0. On start up, Windows Action Center informs me that my firewall and antispyware programs are 'off'. I have to manually restart them. How to fix this?

Post "RE: PSI 3.0 shuts down antivirus/security programs at startup" has been selected as an answer.
This user no longer exists RE: PSI 3.0 shuts down antivirus/security programs at startup
Secunia Official 11th Jul, 2013 09:39
I doubt the PSI is to blame for your other security programs being unable to start at boot. That is not something the PSI does and I have yet to come across the first conflict between the PSI and another security program. It is also not a general issue I can recall having ever heard of before.

Has this happened only once or is it a persistent issue? Which firewall and antispyware program are you using?
borusjk RE: PSI 3.0 shuts down antivirus/security programs at startup
Member 12th Jul, 2013 22:07
Score: 0
User Since: 10th Jul 2013
System Score: N/A
You are right -- upon further investigation, it is a Microsoft Update issue. Thanks for your help
anyway.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.