|dliebman||Programs That Need Updating (3)...|
|4th Aug, 2013 20:48|
User Since: 30th Mar, 2009
System Score: N/A
My Secunia section for "Programs that need updating (3)" has 3 items that have been "stuck" there for several months.
Adobe AIR 3.x
Adobe Flash Player 11.x (ActiveX)
Oracle Java JDK 1.6.x / 6.x 64-bit
I would appreciate some direction as to how to get these fully updated, and out the "stuck" status that they are in.
|Maurice Joyce||RE: Programs That Need Updating (3)...|
|4th Aug, 2013 23:29|
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
System Score: N/A
| What path is PSI showing to the Adobe AIR & Flash Player files that is vulnerable and trying to update?
FINDING A FILE PATH USING PSI
From the DASHBOARD page click on SCAN RESULTS.
1. This will list all your programmes with a + to the left of each programme.
2. Click the + sign next to the item that U want help with.
3. This will reveal the path under DETECTED INSTANCES.
4. Below DETECTED INSTANCES you will see this You can double click this row for additional information & options>double click it>a box will appear>look to the RIGHT & U will see TROUBLESHOOT REPORT in BLUE writing under the heading TOOLBOX> click TroubleShoot Report & it will reveal some information in a box>highlight the information revealed from ---START--- to ---END--- & copy it (CTRL+C) then post it to the Forum (CTRL+V)
This version does not have such an easy method to publish the path.
Open PSI>once open select Show Programs.
U will now see a page full of programme icons or a list.
Right click on the programme in error>select Show Details - that will open a box showing the path & version number of the offending file.
U now have 2 options:
1. Write down the exact file path & install version - return to the Forum & type that information.
2. Take a screen shot & publish that.
Go to Control Panel>add/remove.
Uninstall ALL versions of JRE or JSE or JDK or JVM or JAVA FX or JAVA(TM).
Now do a full PSI rescan & all should be in order in that JAVA will not show up.
U can download the latest version from here if U really require JAVA.
U can verify your JAVA install here:
Last Reviewed 22:24 04/08/2013
Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only