Forum Thread: Tray icon stays gray

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
casey10 Tray icon stays gray
Member 15th Aug, 2013 16:19
Ranking: 6
User Since: 28th Feb, 2012
System Score: N/A
PSI v 3.0.0.7001 tray icon stays gray on my laptop and promps me to check my internet connection. The Wireless connection works fine. I uninstalled Psi Wed and removed all registry
entries and reinstalled. Psi worked fine after that and this morning is gray again.

Maurice Joyce RE: Tray icon stays gray
Handling Contributor 18th Aug, 2013 11:43
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
Is that a typo with the version you are using? The latest version is 3.0.0.7011. The Change Log & download is here if required:

https://secunia.com/products/consumer/PSI/sys_req/

The grey tray icon indicator is buggy which I reported to Support fairly recently.

Have you tried this?

Right click on the tray icon & select Open Secunia PSI.

The interface should open.****

Try a full scan. The icon should turn green.****

**** Please be aware that the Secunia servers have been running extremely slowly during the last week & that scenario remains as I type this so be prepared for a delay in carrying out these actions.

If you have cleared out the Registry your Unique User ID will have been removed. You should expect the opening interface to have red writing indicating you have never scanned before. Just continue with a scan & it will produce a new ID for you.

Hope this helps.

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+2
casey10 RE: Tray icon stays gray
Member 18th Aug, 2013 16:34
Score: 6
User Since: 28th Feb 2012
You are correct on v # typo. The gray icon has since turned green. Thank you for the info on the servers running slow. Thank you also for taking the time to answer all these help requests.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Maurice Joyce RE: Tray icon stays gray
Handling Contributor 18th Aug, 2013 18:06
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
Pleased to see you are all fixed up.

On that basis, I will lock this thread for U sometime tomorrow unless U post back asking for it to be left open.

This will protect your mail box from possible update emails from "tag on" posts

You can of course lock threads U have created. Just click the ACCEPT button in the post of the helper who offered U the best solution/advice to solve your problem.

Secunia Support can always reopen threads by applying by email to: support@secunia.com

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+1

This thread has been marked as locked.