Forum Thread: PSI not updating Firefox

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Mozilla Foundation
And, this specific program:
Mozilla Firefox 22.x

This thread has been marked as resolved.
Nikilet PSI not updating Firefox
Member 15th Aug, 2013 18:51
Ranking: 7
User Since: 15th Jul, 2008
System Score: N/A
I checked out another post regarding this matter but mine is a bit different. Secunia 3.0 has been shutting down the past couple of days with messages that it stopped working and was closed.

First I was getting language boxes but that stopped and now it will show that it's updating, and then after awhile it will show that it's verifying update. But nothing ever happens and then I check again and it's gone back to updating. I will also get a box telling me to "Wait!" and that Secunia is trying to connect to its servers.

When I right click on Firefox and "Show Details," the file is located at C:\Windows\erdnt\cache\firefox.exe 22.0.0.4917 .

Post "RE: PSI not updating Firefox" has been selected as an answer.
Maurice Joyce RE: PSI not updating Firefox
Handling Contributor 16th Aug, 2013 15:49
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
System Score: N/A
This location C:\Windows\erdnt\cache\firefox.exe 22.0.0.4917 indicates you have an older version backed up to that location.

It will never update it but will keep trying. Either delete that file from your back (recommended) up or create an ignore rule. A full PSI scan should then clear it.

Your other woes may well be associated with the Secunia output. It has been awful all week & is on-going as I type this. Looks like a weekend of complete slowness until they sort it out.

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+1

This thread has been marked as locked.