Relating to this vendor:
America Online (AOL)
And, this specific program:
AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) 6.x
|DDixon5821||Still shows I need updates for uninstalled programs|
|24th Aug, 2013 06:04|
User Since: 14th Jun, 2010
System Score: N/A
|I have an issue with Secunia showing I need an update for a AIM program I uninstalled. How can I bypass this and still have my 100% rating?|
|Maurice Joyce||RE: Still shows I need updates for uninstalled programs|
|24th Aug, 2013 09:39|
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 25th Aug, 2013 22:32
| What path is PSI showing to that file?
FINDING A FILE PATH USING PSI
From the DASHBOARD page click on SCAN RESULTS.
1. This will list all your programmes with a + to the left of each programme.
2. Click the + sign next to the item that U want help with.
3. This will reveal the path under DETECTED INSTANCES.
4. Below DETECTED INSTANCES you will see this You can double click this row for additional information & options>double click it>a box will appear>look to the RIGHT & U will see TROUBLESHOOT REPORT in BLUE writing under the heading TOOLBOX> click TroubleShoot Report & it will reveal some information in a box>highlight the information revealed from ---START--- to ---END--- & copy it (CTRL+C) then post it to the Forum (CTRL+V)
This version does not have such an easy method to publish the path.
Open PSI>once open select Show Programs.
U will now see a page full of programme icons or a list.
Right click on the programme in error>select Show Details - that will open a box showing the path & version number of the offending file.
U now have 2 options:
1. Write down the exact file path & install version - return to the Forum & type that information.
2. Take a screen shot & publish that.
Last Reviewed 08:38 24/08/2013
EDIT Have you now located the rogue file(s) & deleted it/them?
EDIT 2 This this thread for follow up:
Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only