Forum Thread: Rescan program

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as resolved.
bwawsc Rescan program
Member 27th Aug, 2013 21:03
Ranking: 3
User Since: 17th Jun, 2010
System Score: N/A
In version 2, PSI would allow you to rescan just one program (if you did a manual update of Firefox, for example). I can't find anything similar in 3.0 - you have to do a complete system scan, which can take a very long time. There were also options to do a manual update that would take you to a download page, or an auto update that would sometimes automatically update an application. Now there seems to be only one option, which sometimes goes into a days-long "updating" state, rather than doing something right now. Basically, I'm finding 3.0 to be confusing and inflexible compared to version 2.

--
Bill Walton

Post "RE: Rescan program" has been selected as an answer.
Maurice Joyce RE: Rescan program
Handling Contributor 27th Aug, 2013 21:33
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
System Score: N/A
Bill,
You are correct in that version 3 does not have the ability to scan just one programme. You can however prevent version 3 from auto updating. Open PSI>settings>Update handling>select Notify (Not Recommended)**** as your preferred option. That gives a user a download link in lieu of auto updating.

**** Not sure why Secunia do not recommend notify/manual updating - Some programmes cannot be auto updated & their method has proved to be extremely slow as you & many others have commented on.

If you want the single programme scan feature in version 3 you may wish to suggest it to them via email to support@secunia.com

Are you aware that Version 3 is not an upgrade of version 1 or 2? Version 1,2 & 3 are fully supported so you can revert if you prefer another version.

The download links & change logs are here if required:

https://secunia.com/products/consumer/PSI/sys_req/

Hope this helps.

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+1

This thread has been marked as locked.