Forum Thread: Secunia preventing standby mode

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
Yeahbut Secunia preventing standby mode
Member 10th Sep, 2013 05:29
Ranking: 0
User Since: 10th Sep, 2013
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 10th Sep, 2013 05:30

I had just installed Secunia PSI vs. 3 last week and noticed my computer wasn't going into standby mode. Task manager showed a new task I had not recognized, SUA. exe (I think).
I went into my services and changed one of Secunia's two services from automatic to manual, I don't have it set to scan every startup anyhow. The manual setting has taken its process out of task manager, and the computer is going into standby normally. I will keep the Secunia program as I think it will be alright and I will use it as a scanner once in awhile.

This user no longer exists RE: Secunia preventing standby mode
Secunia Official 10th Sep, 2013 12:22
Thank you very much for reporting the issue. We will try to recreate it and to get it fixed if it is a bug.
This user no longer exists RE: Secunia preventing standby mode
Secunia Official 12th Sep, 2013 13:56
I have now attempted to recreate the issue on Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8 but in each case without success. The computers turned off the screen and then turned off the harddisk according to the Windows settings and despite having the Secunia Update Agent (sua.exe) running as a process in Task Manager.

If you have any further information that could enable us to recreate the issue you are of course welcome.
Yeahbut RE: Secunia preventing standby mode
Member 12th Sep, 2013 16:46
Score: 0
User Since: 10th Sep 2013
I normalized Secunia update and added Secunia to my Windows firewall exceptions and it is standing by now.
Thanks
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Yeahbut problem solved
Member 12th Sep, 2013 16:47
Score: 0
User Since: 10th Sep 2013
Last edited on 12th Sep, 2013 16:48
update
Was this reply relevant?
+0