Forum Thread: MSXML SP3 4.x

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Microsoft
And, this specific program:
Microsoft XML Core Services (MSXML) 4.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
janderson MSXML SP3 4.x
Member 29th Jul, 2014 16:53
Ranking: 0
User Since: 10th Nov, 2008
System Score: N/A
Currently Secunia PSI tells me Microsoft XML Core Services (MSXML) 4.x needs updating. When I click to update it examines the program then opens Download Center for MSXML Core Services 6.0. If I download that and install it, will it uninstall MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser? if not, can I uninstall it myself without problems? THANKS for your help!

--
John A at MK

klscoper RE: MSXML SP3 4.x
Member 29th Jul, 2014 17:47
Score: 0
User Since: 24th Oct 2011
Janderson and I are experiencing the same issue. I've read a few of the other threads, but I'm still confused. I'm very nervous when attempting to delete. When I go into Programs and Features/Uninstall, I do see six 4.0 files, SP2 and SP3. There is no 6.0.

When I follow the path through the computer, I see 13, 14, 16; however, the 16 was not dated recently for a download. It has a March 2014 date. I only attempted to download a few days ago.

Thanks for your help.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Maurice Joyce RE: MSXML SP3 4.x
Handling Contributor 29th Jul, 2014 19:13
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
There is a very large thread here:

https://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/15...

If you scroll down you will see a large post that I created that gives information about the background to this issue & a section on what to do.

Worth looking at before you do anything else - it answers most of your questions to date.

It will be interesting what you report back when you try the section marked WHAT TO DO.

Hope this helps.

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+0
jaanderson RE: MSXML SP3 4.x
Member 29th Jul, 2014 19:44
Score: 0
User Since: 28th Jan 2011
Thank you, Maurice -- your reference contains the information I will need to resolve this question. I cannot think of further information needed and will close this thread (assuming I can do that successfully).

I started this thread after an unsuccessful search for such information. Apparently my query was not adequate to find the work you did. I had to do a similar exercise some years ago and had a similar problem finding the right place to work.

Thank you for all the effort you have put into this! Wish I could pass along a case of wine somehow, because I'm betting you won't get it from Secunia....

Thanks also for the tip about Heimdal -- I shall explore that!

Warm regards

--
MK John A
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.