Forum Thread: alternative?

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
smallbiz2 alternative?
Member 9th Sep, 2014 23:54
Ranking: 0
User Since: 16th Apr, 2012
System Score: N/A
Maurice -- have you a measure of whether PSI and the Danish product (Heimdal Security) can co-exist without causing havoc?
Tks., Peter

Maurice Joyce RE: alternative?
Handling Contributor 10th Sep, 2014 01:17
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
Peter,
From my tests they co-exist perfectly.

I was given a Pro licence for CSIS Heimdal on the understanding that at some stage I report back with any ideas for improvements/my first impression/user option tests/comparison with like programmes etc. To avoid any confusion Heimdal is fully functional and NOT in BETA or RC.

I am also testing Malwarebytes Anti - Exploit Premium, Malwarebytes Anti Malware Premium & CryptoPrevent Premium.

Massive overkill for any PC & eventually I will select the best one to meet my requirements. In a nutshell I am currently running these side by side without issues:

PSI 1,2 or 3 ****
Heimdal Free & Premium
Malwarebytes Anti Malware Free & Premium
Malwarebytes Anti Exploit Free & Premium
CryptoPrevent Free & Premium.

**** Please note that I rarely switch off this PC & I had this test running successfully for about 10 days. PSI has now been removed as I do not use it on a permanent basis.

Hope this helps.

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+0
smallbiz2 RE: alternative?
Member 10th Sep, 2014 01:42
Score: 0
User Since: 16th Apr 2012
Maurice,
You've opened my eyes to the hazard of thinking that any one product or company can meet all the security needs of stand-alone PCs these days.

Thank you for the generous support you've given all of us --and Secunia -- for a very long time.
Peter
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.