Forum Thread: Is the PSI forum still active?

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
smallbiz2 Is the PSI forum still active?
Member 29th Nov, 2014 02:10
Ranking: 0
User Since: 16th Apr, 2012
System Score: N/A
. . . looks like it has been frozen.

Maurice Joyce RE: Is the PSI forum still active?
Handling Contributor 29th Nov, 2014 10:04
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
Peter
The forum is working OK. Threads auto lock after 7 days of no activity. Since the last auto closure only you have posted.

Secunia support are not really interested in helping out any more. If you have a problem that you think only they can answer I would suggest you contact them via email at support@secunia.com rather than post here.

Hope this helps.

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+0
klausus02 RE: Is the PSI forum still active?
Member 29th Nov, 2014 11:21
Score: 89
User Since: 4th Feb 2011
Maurice,

does it mean that Secunia is not interessted in supporting non-commercial users? Is it a good idea to use Heimdal instead? I looked inside the forum there. It's very quiet...

regards
Klaus
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Maurice Joyce RE: Is the PSI forum still active?
Handling Contributor 30th Nov, 2014 23:05
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
Klaus,
Sorry for the delay but I needed to give my reply some thought. I cannot really answer your first point with any authority. I just use the Forum to try & help those who may need assistance.

I think you only need to look at the CSI Forum to note Secunia's apparent disinterest in their paying customers which does not bode well for PSI users.

https://secunia.com/community/forum/csi/

There have been numerous PSI problems recently not least the MSXML 4 saga where direct support and advice would have helped - Secunia elected to remain silent despite issuing misleading information on how to fix the issue via their programme.

Their email system is not that clever either - from my experience they rarely answer questions/acknowledge suggestions properly but elect to "make it up as they go along" hoping you will be daft enough to accept their alleged professionalism & say thank you!

I do not use any variant of PSI on a permanent basis - to me it has little value in keeping a system secure and I most certainly will never allow a 3rd party to auto update anything on my PC's particularly Secunia with their flawed SPS system which I consider not fit for purpose.

I do use Heimdal. I was given a free Pro licence some time ago - I am impressed & it serves all my requirements. It does not have a properly constructed Forum - users can go direct to support which uses a professional ticketing system so that you can track progress on anything raised.

I do run a Secunia SMB Console with numerous Endpoints (the Endpoints must use PSI 3) that I keep an eye on. It is in BETA & Secunia are considering abandoning the project. If that happens I will advise my Endpoints to migrate to Heimdal or Qualy's. To me they are much more professional & give all the support a home user should require in the vulnerability field.

Hope this helps - just my thoughts - everyone should really make their own plans to stay secure.

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+3

This thread has been marked as locked.