Forum Thread: Java Update hung on "Waiting for update to complete"

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Oracle Corporation
And, this specific program:
Oracle Java JRE 1.7.x / 7.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
L1NGUS Java Update hung on "Waiting for update to complete"
Member 22nd Jan, 2015 23:17
Ranking:
User Since: 25th Nov, 2008
System Score: N/A
Ran installation of Java update 7u75 today from Secuina app after the weekly scan of my system. The update downloaded but now the Secunia window says "Waiting for update to complete" and it's been that way for hours.

I have rescanned the program and also tried reinstalling it. Restarted my Windows Vista PC. Secunia still reports "waiting for update to complete."

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

--
PC/Android 4 Life

Anthony Wells RE: Java Update hung on "Waiting for update to complete"
Expert Contributor 26th Jan, 2015 15:18
Score: 2542
User Since: 19th Dec 2007

Hi ,

Java is one of the programmes the PSI often fails to "auto-update" correctly ; I never use the PSI option but go to the Oracle website and update directly from there .

You can also use the programme's built in update option found in the Java console - cannot give you the exact location as I do not have Java installed on my system atm .

Take care

Anthony

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0
L1NGUS RE: Java Update hung on "Waiting for update to complete"
Member 1st Feb, 2015 20:17
Score:
User Since: 25th Nov 2008
The situation has not changed. I have attemted to update Java numerous times. It used to be stuck on "Waiting for update to complete." Now it says "Determining Auto-Update state" and has been that way for days. It's the only program that isn't updated and my Secunia score is 99% but the icon in the sys tray is RED and shows 0% secure.

--
PC/Android 4 Life
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.