Forum Thread: Malfunction in forum-GUI

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
klausus02 Malfunction in forum-GUI
Member 3rd Mar, 2015 15:58
Ranking: 89
User Since: 4th Feb, 2011
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 3rd Mar, 2015 16:08

Since a couple of days creating a new thread is very difficult. The field to put the thread-topic in is nearly unaccessible. Only when I magnify the page this field is going to be displayed (with ff 36).

Also the names of tread-contributors are not visible anymore.

I tested this with IE11 and ff 36.

Am I the only one with this problem?

-regards
Klaus

rd52 RE: Malfunction in forum-GUI
Member 3rd Mar, 2015 16:08
Score: 21
User Since: 4th Dec 2008
Yes it is. The box for writing is all the way to the left, and missing its left and top borders.
Was this reply relevant?
+1
klausus02 RE: Malfunction in forum-GUI
Member 5th Mar, 2015 08:33
Score: 89
User Since: 4th Feb 2011
Last edited on 5th Mar, 2015 08:35
Hm, I'm surprised that there is only one who experiences the same problems.

@all
What is the trick to overcome the problems? I'm defenitely interested in this information.

@Secunia Official
I already send a mail to Secunia Support. But nothing has changed until now. How can I help here?

- regards
Klaus

-- EDIT
I just noticed: formating text as BOLD dosen't work also.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
LeendertKip RE: Malfunction in forum-GUI
Member 5th Mar, 2015 08:47
Score: 35
User Since: 13th Feb 2010
I see the same problem of course. I'm not surprised that Secunia support doesn't respond because they are not often in the forum.
Just wait and be patient, maybe they are working on the problem.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Maurice Joyce RE: Malfunction in forum-GUI
Handling Contributor 5th Mar, 2015 09:02
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
Klaus,
I suspect it is affecting all users - the problem all exists when using iMac and IPad.
There are at least 10 GUI issues with the Secunia web pages some dating back over 18 months which have never been fixed.
Do not expect a rapid repair or an announcement that there are ongoing issues. Neither are part of Secunia's Modus Operandi.

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Member 5th Mar, 2015 15:44
Hello Maurice,

I think their webmaster must have done some changes a couple of days ago. My main point is, that even the names on top of the posts aren't displayed. So, all of us is incognito. Thats disappointing!

I already got in mail-contact with Secunia support...

- regards
Klaus
Was this reply relevant?
+0
ddmarshall RE: Malfunction in forum-GUI
Dedicated Contributor 6th Mar, 2015 14:16
Score: 1250
User Since: 8th Nov 2008

The names are there but in white or very pale grey on pale grey. I can see them if I get my eyes lined up exactly right.

--
Was this reply relevant?
+11
Anthony Wells RE: Malfunction in forum-GUI
Expert Contributor 6th Mar, 2015 16:12
Score: 2542
User Since: 19th Dec 2007
Last edited on 6th Mar, 2015 16:37
Hi all ,

The new look webpage is as pathetic as before .

There is one positive in that I can zoom the thread using Google Chrome and not lose the rhs ; this produces a whole set of -ves .

First the reply button produces the usual off the bottom of the screen log-in box ; the easiest seems to use the "create thread" button on the rhs just above the thread heading red banner-EDIT:: only there on the "All Threads" page :ie: not on this page . The "create thread" tab at the top of this page STILL does not work a known but never to be fixed BUG !!

EDIT:: Sorry another EDIT ; the 3 horizontal bars top rhs of this page when clicked give you a lhs menu bar and clicking the (second down) community link gives you the log-in box you can see :))

Not logged in the font is abysmal . Logged in and the font goes good and bold but I need to go back to 100% zoom from the comfy reading 125//150 and 175% best zoom in order to see the reply box page , etc. etc. etc.

Logged in after much to do to call for a big Cuban Havana for ddm for that discovery ; at 250% zoom and my nose to the screen - a 32 inch Flat TV - I can just about make out the white on grey name , if I squint and touch my ears twice !! How on earth did you work that out ddm ?? Was it just the blank space that called you from afar or something more tecchie ??

Take care

Anthony

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Dedicated Contributor 6th Mar, 2015 23:25

Hi Anthony,

On my trusty old HP EliteBook's 1600x900 screen I could just make out some fuzziness in the name area. It's very sensitive to the viewing angle at the best of times. Viewing full screen videos often requires adjusting the screen angle to get the colour looking correct. So getting an eye exactly lined up I saw the name magically appear.

A lot of weirdness on Internet Explorer 11. A strange mixture of font sizes. The top of this reply box is cut off. I get blank pages and have to refresh to get it to load. That could be related to the tracking protection lists I'm using. They are usually the first things to check when things go wrong.

Firefox looks more or less normal apart from extremely spindly font.

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0
steffens RE: Malfunction in forum-GUI
Member 6th Mar, 2015 23:39
Score: 53
User Since: 25th Jul 2009
Last edited on 6th Mar, 2015 23:41
With FIrefox 35 on a Mac, EVERYTHING looks horrible, the Vulnerability Database pages as well as the Forum pages. And the GUI is so messed up that I cannot post AT ALL.

Have to revert to an ancient version of Safari. The GUI is still a mess, but at least I can post, IF I'm VERY careful, because the top of the posting box overlaps the drop-down menu area. Click a bit too high in the top-most line, and it's off to never-never land!

Looks like Secunia has hired as their new webmaster someone fresh out of the Dansih equivalent of vocational school with a "degree" in HTML programming, who threw something together, tested on the one or two devices that he owned personally, and then left abruptly when a better offer came along.

But the social media and advertising stuff at the bottom of the pages sure looks BEAUTIFUL! ;)
-- EstherD
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Dedicated Contributor 6th Mar, 2015 23:43

I've put a copy of the errors that the website is throwing on Internet Explorer here if anyone from Secunia is interested.

http://1drv.ms/17YK5dd

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 8th Mar, 2015 12:45
Last edited on 8th Mar, 2015 12:49
The best you can do is to send your findings directly to support@secunia.com . Just for the case that the webmaster doesn't look inside this thread often enough.

Although, vbartholdy@secunia.com replied to my Email:

--

Hi,

Our webmaster is working on fixing all the issues on the forums. I have made him aware of the issues you have written and showed him the forum thread you made, so we can make sure he gets it all fixed.

Thank you for notifying us!

--

-regards
Klaus

Was this reply relevant?
+0
Anthony Wells RE: Malfunction in forum-GUI
Expert Contributor 8th Mar, 2015 16:03
Score: 2542
User Since: 19th Dec 2007
Hi again ,

Thanks for the update Klaus .

Just to clarify that I get the inky spider font in Google Chrome (Stable) and Firefox (36.0.1) browsers logged out or in unless I log in using the blue "create thread" button above the red banner on the "All Threads" Forum page . I tneh get nice chunky bold font everywhere except that it is very small in the Google browser create/reply boxes and something quite weird in the Ff boxes . Whatever .

Hope the "webmaster" gets time to do something here after his school homework and before the summer hols . Not going to hold my breath on that score .

Take care

Anthony

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Member 11th Mar, 2015 20:06
3 days gone after the last post and nothing has changed with the forum pages. Hope the webmaster didn't go into hiding...

-regards
Klaus

Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 14th Mar, 2015 10:55
I discovered another annoying issue: the function "EDIT" is unusable.

When editing a post it is realy mandatory that all lines of the post are visible. This is not the case!! Only the very last line is readable. So, please correct the forum pages.

@Secunia
The current malfunctions are known for 2 weeks now! The usability of the forum pages is bad. I am afraid the forum activity is going to die.

- regards
Klaus
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.