Forum Thread: PSI thinks no scan has ever been run

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
nickpayne PSI thinks no scan has ever been run
Member 8th Mar, 2015 06:39
Ranking: 4
User Since: 14th May, 2009
System Score: N/A
PSI on my machine (Windows 8.1 amd64) periodically - every few days or so - seems to lose its database. Even with all programs up to date, its system tray icon turns red rather than green, and when I open PSI it tells me that I have never run a scan and that I need to run one. I run it, it goes through the scanning process, and eventually tells me that all my programs are up to date. A few days later, the same thing will happen again...

Anthony Wells RE: PSI thinks no scan has ever been run
Expert Contributor 8th Mar, 2015 18:15
Score: 2542
User Since: 19th Dec 2007

Hi ,

You do not state which version of the PSI you are using ; even so , I cannot remember a similar case to your's arising in the Forum(s) .

I only use version 2.0.0.3003 and have never had a programme problem in recent years .

I would suggest you contact support@secunia.com direct ; they are not likely to respond here .

Let us know how you go .

Take care

Anthony

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0
steffens RE: PSI thinks no scan has ever been run
Member 9th Mar, 2015 04:22
Score: 53
User Since: 25th Jul 2009
If you are running one of those "automated PC cleaners", either as a stand-alone program, or as a component of your AV package (e.g. GrimeFighter from Avast), then that would be the FIRST thing I would check. Many of those "cleaners" are notoriously over-zealous about deleting things that *they* think are useless, but in fact are actually quite important, even essential.
HTH...
-- EstherD
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.