Forum Thread: Whats going on with the windows and flash updates?

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Adobe Systems
And, this specific program:
Adobe Flash Player 16.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
jckinnick Whats going on with the windows and flash updates?
Member 19th Mar, 2015 21:22
Ranking: 6
User Since: 21st May, 2010
System Score: N/A
Whats going on with the windows and flash updates? I looked up the files for flash it was showing and deleted one of them, but my score is still the same. Its also showing windows updates, but windows says no.

jckinnick RE: Whats going on with the windows and flash updates?
Member 21st Mar, 2015 02:35
Score: 6
User Since: 21st May 2010
IS secunia workin on this
Was this reply relevant?
+0
LeendertKip RE: Whats going on with the windows and flash updates?
Member 23rd Mar, 2015 09:11
Score: 35
User Since: 13th Feb 2010
Secunia support isn't active in the forum regularly. I don't fully understand your problem. Which Windows version do you use? Which are your current versions for Adobe Flash? Maybe I can help you.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 23rd Mar, 2015 22:26
[quote=p58186]Secunia support isn't active in the forum regularly. I don't fully understand your problem. Which Windows version do you use? Which are your current versions for Adobe Flash? Maybe I can help yI can tell the forII can tell the forum has really let itself go, for instance I cant even see what im typing right now until it gets into the box.

Stuck updating Adobe Active Flash Player 1.6x
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 23rd Mar, 2015 22:31

Windows just released some updates and that bumped me back up to 96%. So there are still to Windows updates and the above mentioned Adobe update that is forever stuck even though I went in and deleted its out of date file.

Also the box when posting is not lining up with what Im trying to type you have to space down to get the curser into the box.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 24th Mar, 2015 06:13
I still don't understand. Are you using Winsows? As far as I know Adobe Flash updates are distrubuted by Microsoft via Windows updates. I'm not familiar with Windows 8 so if it's Windows 8 I can't help you. There are problems in the forum with posting, replying etc. Secunia confirmed they are working on the problem.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 24th Mar, 2015 06:18
Where I mentioned Windows? I mean Windows 8.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 24th Mar, 2015 08:04
on 24th Mar, 2015 06:18, LeendertKip wrote:
Where I mentioned Windows? I mean Windows 8.

Im using Windows 7, the latest Windows updates fixed some issues but there are still three things left leaving me wiht a 96% now.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 24th Mar, 2015 08:05

That Adobe update that is stuck loading, it actually showed two files one I deleted the other says I need administrative right to delete.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 24th Mar, 2015 08:57
I am running several Windows 7 pc's. When I get problems with Adobe Flash I download the latest version from adobe.com and install them manually. Up to now that works fine. You say you have Flash 16x. The latest version is 17.0.0.134 which was made available around 13/3. When you download from adobe.com you must select the version you need. There are versions for Windwows 7 with Internet Explores and Windows 7 with other browsers, like Firefox. For myself I install both versions because I have Firefox and IE. Hope you can solve the Flash problem with this solution. Further you mention other problems with Windows update. Without knowing the details I cannot try to help you. On my pc's the latest updates published on 10/3 were installed successfully and without problems.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 24th Mar, 2015 10:00
on 24th Mar, 2015 08:57, LeendertKip wrote:
I am running several Windows 7 pc's. When I get problems with Adobe Flash I download the latest version from adobe.com and install them manually. Up to now that works fine. You say you have Flash 16x. The latest version is 17.0.0.134 which was made available around 13/3. When you download from adobe.com you must select the version you need. There are versions for Windwows 7 with Internet Explores and Windows 7 with other browsers, like Firefox. For myself I install both versions because I have Firefox and IE. Hope you can solve the Flash problem with this solution. Further you mention other problems with Windows update. Without knowing the details I cannot try to help you. On my pc's the latest updates published on 10/3 were installed successfully and without problems.

Thats the thing everything is showing up to date on Windows Updates and Adobes check site. I think its something on Secunias end.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 24th Mar, 2015 10:34
You can wait a few days, maybe on of the more experienced members can help you. If no respos, try an e-mail to Secunia support, support@secunia.com
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Maurice Joyce RE: Whats going on with the windows and flash updates?
Handling Contributor 24th Mar, 2015 11:44
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
Last edited on 24th Mar, 2015 11:46
I cannot understand why this could be considered a Secunia or PSI issue. All PSI does is check the meta data of a PC and Microsoft patches by KB number.

All updates for Windows should be via Windows Update which includes Adobe Flash for IE10 on Windows 8 and IE11 on Windows 8.1.

In this instance Microsoft issued an update for Adobe Flash on 10th March under KB3044132.Is that present in your Windows Update log?

I can confirm that if all Microsoft patches are CORRECTLY installed PSI gives a clean bill of health on Windows 7 (32 & 64 Bit), Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 (both 64Bit)

Have you been tinkering trying to manually update Adobe Flash? It is totally unnecessary and may well have created your problem. If you have tried a manual update which web link did you use?

Have you doubled checked that all Microsoft patches have been installed CORRECTLY by using MBSA? I assume you have already rebooted and tried a full PSI scan before reporting this issue?

As already explained if you want more help you need to give much more detail on the problem which includes the PSI trouble shoot report and/or the file paths that PSI gives you.

To me it is pretty pointless contacting Secunia who will not work on this issue because it is not their problem unless you are suggesting (no evidence has been produced so far) that PSI is reading the meta data incorrectly.

This is the requirement for reporting a malfunction: http://secunia.com/support/psi/faq#q8

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+2
Member 26th Mar, 2015 01:59
on 24th Mar, 2015 11:44, Maurice Joyce wrote:
I cannot understand why this could be considered a Secunia or PSI issue. All PSI does is check the meta data of a PC and Microsoft patches by KB number.

All updates for Windows should be via Windows Update which includes Adobe Flash for IE10 on Windows 8 and IE11 on Windows 8.1.

In this instance Microsoft issued an update for Adobe Flash on 10th March under KB3044132.Is that present in your Windows Update log?

I can confirm that if all Microsoft patches are CORRECTLY installed PSI gives a clean bill of health on Windows 7 (32 & 64 Bit), Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 (both 64Bit)

Have you been tinkering trying to manually update Adobe Flash? It is totally unnecessary and may well have created your problem. If you have tried a manual update which web link did you use?

Have you doubled checked that all Microsoft patches have been installed CORRECTLY by using MBSA? I assume you have already rebooted and tried a full PSI scan before reporting this issue?

As already explained if you want more help you need to give much more detail on the problem which includes the PSI trouble shoot report and/or the file paths that PSI gives you.

To me it is pretty pointless contacting Secunia who will not work on this issue because it is not their problem unless you are suggesting (no evidence has been produced so far) that PSI is reading the meta data incorrectly.

This is the requirement for reporting a malfunction: http://secunia.com/support/psi/faq#q8[/quote]

Im using Windows 7 and with the latest updates installed and a restart I am now up to 98%. The only thing that is left is the Adobe Flash Player ActiveX 1.6x that is stuck updating. The file its showing is flash 32_16_0_0_305.ocx
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Maurice Joyce RE: Whats going on with the windows and flash updates?
Handling Contributor 26th Mar, 2015 02:34
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
If you are using Windows 7 all you need to do to clean up Adobe Flash is to use the Adobe Uninstaller.

For a successful clean uninstall you need to follow the instructions and download the uninstaller from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-...

Now rerun a full psi scan and it should not show Adobe Flash.

Once that is achieved reinstall Adobe Flash direct from the Adobe web site. Check the download instruction carefully and untick(uncheck) any PUP's that will be offered.

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+0

Maurice Joyce

RE: Whats going on with the windows and flash updates?
[+]
This reply has been deleted
Member 26th Mar, 2015 23:02
on 26th Mar, 2015 02:34, Maurice Joyce wrote:
If you are using Windows 7 all you need to do to clean up Adobe Flash is to use the Adobe Uninstaller.

For a successful clean uninstall you need to follow the instructions and download the uninstaller from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-...

Now rerun a full psi scan and it should not show Adobe Flash.

Once that is achieved reinstall Adobe Flash direct from the Adobe web site. Check the download instruction carefully and untick(uncheck) any PUP's that will be offered.

That was it thank you
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.