Forum Thread: Foxit Reader problem

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Foxit Corporation
And, this specific program:
Foxit Reader 7.x

This thread has been marked as resolved.
taffy078 Foxit Reader problem
Contributor 20th May, 2015 18:35
Ranking: 408
User Since: 26th Feb, 2009
System Score: N/A
I'm forced to use my XP and can't get to a screen with a blank Topic heading. Perhaps someone can sort this?

A PSI scan shows Foxit Reader 7.1.3.320 as insecure - instal Solution it says so I did. But it installed 7.1.3.320. Another scan said 'insecure' but when I checked via Foxit Reader, they said it was the latest version.

Am I missing something?

PS I've changed my zoom to 50% & can just about see the Topic box box.

--
taffy078, West Yorkshire, UK

HP Envy Win10 PC and Compaq Presario screwed up by forced upgrade to Win10 from WIn7

Post "RE: Foxit Reader problem" has been selected as an answer.
Maurice Joyce RE: Foxit Reader problem
Handling Contributor 20th May, 2015 22:37
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
The latest version of Foxit is 7.1.5.0425 which should clear SA63848.

The link where I found the download is here: http://www.foxitsoftware.com/Secure_PDF_Reader/

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+0

Maurice Joyce

RE: Foxit Reader problem
[+]
This reply has been deleted
taffy078 RE: Foxit Reader problem
Contributor 21st May, 2015 00:38
Score: 408
User Since: 26th Feb 2009
Hello Maurice.

I think the problem must be that the new version is only for Vista and Win 7/8. That's the option that came up when I went to download the new version.

And checking the old version still shows that no newer version is available.

As PSI shows my version as vulnerable, I imagine my only option now is to uninstal Foxit Reader. I don't use it anyway on my XP desktop. What do you suggest?

PS I can't use my laptop because starting it in Safe Mode early today appears to have disabled my access to the internet.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/w...

--

HP Envy Win10 PC and Compaq Presario screwed up by forced upgrade to Win10 from WIn7
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Maurice Joyce RE: Foxit Reader problem
Handling Contributor 21st May, 2015 09:44
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
If the update is for XP does it really matter? That OS has not had any security updates for 13 months so it must be assumed it is already compromised.

It is always good practice to remove any third party programme that are never used so you also have that option.

When you enter the bog standard Safe Mode it does disable the Internet connection and many other assets. I assume you tapped the F8 key on system boot and selected Safe Mode?

A reboot should have auto re established the normal mode - are you suggesting that this procedure failed?

Is BT still your ISP? If so, check the hub settings using the XP PC - does it show that the laptop is also connected when switched on? Depending on which hub you have you may need to look in the "advanced settings" for the information.

BT is very reliable - I have not had an outrage for years - that said you can still try a reset of the hub to see if helps if a connection is not showing in the hub.

Most HP laptops have a manual button to activate/ deactivate a wireless connection - is yours active?

As I am sure you are aware this Forum has major issues preventing any reasonable dialogue - if you want more help with the laptop contact me by email.
Hope this helps.

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+0
taffy078 RE: Foxit Reader problem
Contributor 21st May, 2015 10:15
Score: 408
User Since: 26th Feb 2009
I used the F8 button.
I finally managed to get System Restore to work and now have my laptop up & running.

I only use my XP with Microsoft & Norton so thanks for reminding me to get rid of the rest, Maurice.

PS The Secunia screen is displayed bizarre. Perhaps changes need me to change settings. I'll email you a screenshot if that's OK with you.

--

Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.