Forum Thread: Why no names?

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
rd52 Why no names?
Member 29th May, 2015 02:42
Ranking: 21
User Since: 4th Dec, 2008
System Score: N/A
Of all the sites where people post, why does Secunia not show the names of the peoples' screen names that post here? I have not seen this on any other site, just at Secunia's forums. Me, I like to see the names of the people who comment and not just the starter of the thread.

Maurice Joyce RE: Why no names?
Handling Contributor 29th May, 2015 08:08
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
The names are there but very faintly. It is part of the ongoing problem with the Secunia web pages which they have not fixed. See this thread

http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/153...

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+0
rd52 RE: Why no names?
Member 29th May, 2015 15:25
Score: 21
User Since: 4th Dec 2008
Hi Maurice, I can see the person's name that created the thread, but not of anyone else who answers the thread. The only reason I knew your name was because of your signature, it's not present in the colored heading. I would like to know/see who is posting to the threads.

I discovered by trial and error that they were visible if I clicked control-a and hi-lighted the whole page I could then see them. Even knowing where they are I could not see the names in Firefox or Chrome whithout hi-lighting the page.

I think it had been a couple of months since my last visit, and the forums were messed up then and they still are now. It makes it much harder to use. I visit quite a few forums and this is by far the worse that I visit.

I love Secunia, I scan with it daily, but I really wish they would fix their forums. Using PSI I believe there is no company support, and this is the only place to get answers to your questions.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.