Forum Thread: Adobe Shockwave

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Open Discussions

This thread has been marked as locked.
taffy078 Adobe Shockwave
Contributor 23rd Aug, 2015 08:23
Ranking: 408
User Since: 26th Feb, 2009
System Score: N/A
PSI found v10.4.1.51 and messaged "approve update". Because of previous problems using the PSI update, I went to the Adobe update screen, closed some programs and after only 15 seconds it completed the download. Ran scan again - still not done - this time the message was cleaning up.

After five minutes this changed to EoL/install solution. This now shows 'error downloading file'.

Went to Adobe site again - this time it said 'download complete' after two seconds!

I'd closed down programs that use Shockwave but still it's failed.

Anyone else having problems?

--
taffy078, West Yorkshire, UK

HP Envy Win10 PC and Compaq Presario screwed up by forced upgrade to Win10 from WIn7

LeendertKip Adobe Shockwave
Member 23rd Aug, 2015 09:42
Score: 35
User Since: 13th Feb 2010
Hi Taffy, I assume you are aware your version of Shockwave is quite old. I installed the latest version 12.1.9.160 on 29/7 on my 2 Windows 7 pc's without problems. And later I installed this version on 2 Windows 7 pc's of family members. However, I install all updates for Flash and Shockwave manually by downloading from the Adobe site and I never have problems.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
taffy078 RE: Adobe Shockwave
Contributor 23rd Aug, 2015 13:07
Score: 408
User Since: 26th Feb 2009
Hi Leendert. I have v12 - it's in a folder named Adobe. PSI picked up the old version (v10) in a folder named Macromed.
I've deleted it so all is now well - but why hasn't PSI found it before? I'll go quietly.

--

HP Envy Win10 PC and Compaq Presario screwed up by forced upgrade to Win10 from WIn7
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Anthony Wells RE: Adobe Shockwave
Expert Contributor 23rd Aug, 2015 19:36
Score: 2542
User Since: 19th Dec 2007

taffy ,

You have had this problem (several times) before :eg:-

http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/146...

V12 is the current version , as LK has confirmed .

V10 is an old legacy programme that it would seem is still called on by some/certain/the odd game(s)/software if it has just (re)appeared on your machine . You cannot update it , it is EOL ; whether it is "dangerous" has long been debated depending on who calls on it . It will probably return when one of your bits of software calls on it the next time .

Take care

Anthony

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0
taffy078 RE: Adobe Shockwave
Contributor 24th Aug, 2015 07:18
Score: 408
User Since: 26th Feb 2009
thanks Anthony - nice to hear from you.

I thought it was familiar!

--

Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.