Forum Thread: PSI scan results not shown

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
taffy078 PSI scan results not shown
Contributor 17th Sep, 2015 13:20
Ranking: 408
User Since: 26th Feb, 2009
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 17th Sep, 2015 13:23

Powering up after a fortnight's holiday, there was an orange PSI icon and on opening PSI there was a 97% score. I didn't check the results as I knew there were 18 Microsoft updates that I should install first. These installed without problems - must be the first such time!

After restarting, clicking on the orange PSI icon brought up the usual display but with another window on top, showing N/A as the 'last full system scan' and welcoming me to PSI as a new user, with a 0% score.

I ran the scan again - afterwards, on the bottom toolbar it again said 97% but on opening PSI I again got Welcome, N/A, 0% and a blank results screen.

I'll restart my PC after lunch, try again and get back.

--
taffy078, West Yorkshire, UK

HP Envy Win10 PC and Compaq Presario screwed up by forced upgrade to Win10 from WIn7

taffy078 RE: PSI scan results not shown
Contributor 17th Sep, 2015 14:46
Score: 408
User Since: 26th Feb 2009
System Score: N/A
just powered up - same thing happened except I let the scan continue. (I hadn't realised it had already started the first time and so had X'd the window and pressed start scan.

The scan took over 20 minutes and has three of the usual (Chrome, Shockwave & Firefox)but there's what seemed to be a new EOL - MSXML v4. I've just wasted 25 minutes before finding an old thread here in which Maurice had suggested (amongst other things) creating an 'Ignore' rule - which is what I did at the time.

I've recreated it and will update the other three - as it looks as if my Ignore record has been wiped out, I'll just have to wait until the next time I find one of them in a scan.

Goodness knows why PSI thought I was a newcomer though. Could not using it for nearly three weeks have caused it?

--
taffy078, West Yorkshire, UK

HP Envy Win10 PC and Compaq Presario screwed up by forced upgrade to Win10 from WIn7
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.