Forum Thread: MS Updates issues - Outlook & IE.

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
taffy078 MS Updates issues - Outlook & IE.
Contributor 13th Nov, 2015 13:04
Ranking: 408
User Since: 26th Feb, 2009
System Score: N/A
Below is a link that I intended posting yesterday to share with you an alert not to instal KB3097877 as this had been reported as screwing up Outlook.
I couldn't - I put it down to my recent browser change from Opera to IE11 so I tried to email Maurice Joyce.
I couldn't - I was having problems with IE11 and then something happened that I've never seen before - a Qualys Browser Check icon appeared on the tool bar at the bottom which looked like an alert of some kind. I gave up at that point - 23 MS important/critical updates usually cause some problem. I learnt last night that friends trying to email me had "Failed to deliver - browser problem" messages.
The Qualysy icon went but has reappeared when I tried to connect via the dashboard to the forum. Left/right-clicking on it does nothing. And it's only there when I try to access Secunia.

I've been able to get here via the main Secunia screen but not via the dashboard link. Any clues? Anyone else affected?

IE11 is now working but it and everything else on my PC is (I guess) 20% slower. Thank you again Microsoft.

PS I have MS set to "alert me to updates but do not install".

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/microsoft-s...

--
taffy078, West Yorkshire, UK

HP Envy Win10 PC and Compaq Presario screwed up by forced upgrade to Win10 from WIn7

taffy078 RE: MS Updates issues - Outlook & IE.
Contributor 13th Nov, 2015 13:19
Score: 408
User Since: 26th Feb 2009
System Score: N/A
and now I find that Win10 has been screwed up as well:

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/windows-10-...

--
taffy078, West Yorkshire, UK

HP Envy Win10 PC and Compaq Presario screwed up by forced upgrade to Win10 from WIn7
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.