Forum Thread: PROBLEM WITH THIS FORUM???

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Open Discussions

This thread has been marked as locked.
taffy078 PROBLEM WITH THIS FORUM???
Contributor 17th Nov, 2015 12:45
Ranking: 408
User Since: 26th Feb, 2009
System Score: N/A
I was unable to access the forum last week to alert you to problems that the latest Microsoft Updates had caused eg for Outlook users and also to IE users, amongst other things.

Nor could I get through to ask why is this website the only one that has a Qualys alert icon on my bottom tool bar when I access it, as is happening at the moment.

There have been no new threads for four or five days. I've emailed Support but no reply.

What's going on? Is there a problem, Secunia?

--
taffy078, West Yorkshire, UK

HP Envy Win10 PC and Compaq Presario screwed up by forced upgrade to Win10 from WIn7

LeendertKip PROBLEM WITH THIS FORUM???
Member 17th Nov, 2015 14:48
Score: 35
User Since: 13th Feb 2010
Hi Taffy, I don't think there is a problem in the forum. I can log-in as usual and reply your post. Indeed, there's not much activity the last week.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Anthony Wells RE: PROBLEM WITH THIS FORUM???
Expert Contributor 18th Nov, 2015 17:18
Score: 2542
User Since: 19th Dec 2007
Last edited on 18th Nov, 2015 17:24
Hi taffy ,

I have no problem now or for a little while with entering or posting to this Forum .

I do not use Outlook nor IE , but when I last checked M$ had reissued the faulty KB without telling anyone . Have you reinstalled the KB / got rid of the problem ??

I am (still) on W 8.1 but do not see what you mean about W 10 .

Things rather hectic just now in France , so I must go .

EDIT My Qualys' does not give me a tray icon for this site ; cannot ever remember seeing one .

take care

Anthony

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Alpoe RE: PROBLEM WITH THIS FORUM???
Member 18th Nov, 2015 20:53
Score: 0
User Since: 18th Nov 2015
I'm new to the forum but I too have had issues.
Open Discussions seem to be OK but any Thread I view under the CSI heading is marked as "This thread has been marked as locked".
Was this reply relevant?
+0
taffy078 RE: PROBLEM WITH THIS FORUM???
Contributor 19th Nov, 2015 10:08
Score: 408
User Since: 26th Feb 2009
Thank Leendert. Thanks too Anthony - thinking of you.

I posted this thread because after the MS Updates, my IE11 was screwed up (e.g. Favourites lost), my Outlook.com was screwed up too (friends trying to email me had "Failed to deliver - recipient browser problems), my PC was probably running 20% slower and to cap it all I couldn't get here for a while.

Links to the Norton Community here https://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/15... confirmed there was a problem with the Updates and also showed that the first reissue of KB3097877 was flawed too. This was confirmed in other forums as well - see next paragraph.

Other forums reported flickering screen issues and log-in problems after the Updates [http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/w...

When I eventually got here, I seemed to be all on my own! If no-one else has connectional problems, Secunia should be concerned at what seems to be a huge fall-off in people coming here, shouldn't it??

The Qualys icon is a strange issue - it only appears when I access Secunia from the dashboard link. It doesn't appear when I access the forum via the link in a notification email or via the Secunia home page.

Alpoe has posted an interesting point - isn't CSI a paid-for product? If so should Secunia Support be doing something?

--
taffy078, West Yorkshire, UK

HP Envy Win10 PC and Compaq Presario screwed up by forced upgrade to Win10 from WIn7
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Alpoe RE: PROBLEM WITH THIS FORUM???
Member 19th Nov, 2015 18:14
Score: 0
User Since: 18th Nov 2015
The first release of KB3097877 caused a number of problems in my environment as well (not only with Outlook but I also ran into a number of issues with MS Publisher). I my case is was easily resolved by removing the first KB with WSUS and approving the later version. However of the 2000+ workstations in my environment about 20 of them required the first KB to be removed manually before the later could be installed.
Getting back on track: CSI is a paid software my Parent company purchased. I was just handed the task of setting it up and figuring out how use it to manage the software in my region. I just signed up on the forum yesterday looking for answers to my many questions (that are not answered by any of the published material I found). I had not contacted Support, as I was unsure if it was normal or not for threads to become locked so quickly.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Anthony Wells RE: PROBLEM WITH THIS FORUM???
Expert Contributor 21st Nov, 2015 11:42
Score: 2542
User Since: 19th Dec 2007
Hello @Alpoe ,

Threads are locked when the problem is resolved and also auto-lock after 7 days of inactivity on that thread . There is relatively little activity here in general atm .

Support have ignored this Community site for some time now and that also tends to include CSI threads , hence all threads having probably at best auto-locked .

A (hopefully) more effective approach for your commercial product is to contact CSI Technical Support by mail at csc@secunia.com

Hope that works for you .

Take care

Anthony

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.