Forum Thread: Google Chrome can't be updated

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Google
And, this specific program:
Google Chrome 48.x

This thread has been marked as resolved.
taffy078 Google Chrome can't be updated
Contributor 10th Feb, 2016 16:27
Ranking: 408
User Since: 26th Feb, 2009
System Score: N/A
And yet another problem after a Window Update - I'm not blaming it. it could be a co-incidence.

Google Chrome 48.0.2564.103 is out-of date and needs to be updated to .109 but the Google Updater isn't starting. There's a fault. The only advice on the Google forum in uninstall & reinstall, which is what I'm doing.

Is anyone else having this?

--
taffy078, West Yorkshire, UK

HP Envy Win10 PC and Compaq Presario screwed up by forced upgrade to Win10 from WIn7

Post "RE: Google Chrome can't be updated" has been selected as an answer.
Anthony Wells RE: Google Chrome can't be updated
Expert Contributor 10th Feb, 2016 18:07
Score: 2542
User Since: 19th Dec 2007
Hi taffy ,

On my W 10 I updated my google Chrome Browser as normal (for me) using its/the three horizontal bar icon (top rhs) of browser -> Settings ->Help ->About Google Chrome and the updater ran immediately and updated correctly (after Browser relaunch) . The update to Flash PPAPI version .....306 is included .

Did you use this method ?? How did you find the updater not working ?? This can affect some people on occasion .

Anthony

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+1
taffy078 RE: Google Chrome can't be updated
Contributor 11th Feb, 2016 02:03
Score: 408
User Since: 26th Feb 2009
Hello Anthony. I never use the PSI 'Install Solution' links to update. I did as you did and got an error code. I went to their forum where the only useful advice was to uninstall/reinstall. Unfortunately I was using my older PC and so couldn't use the (failed) start menu to do a snip of the code! Nor is it in my IE history.

I guess from what you say that it's sid all to do with the Windows Updates - about which I'm probably getting paranoid!

--
taffy078, West Yorkshire, UK

HP Envy Win10 PC and Compaq Presario screwed up by forced upgrade to Win10 from WIn7
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.