Forum Thread: What happens when installing new Comodo antivirus+firewall?

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

This thread has been marked as locked.
meintower What happens when installing new Comodo antivirus+firewall?
Member 23rd Mar, 2009 16:50
Ranking: 0
User Since: 18th Feb, 2009
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 23rd Mar, 2009 19:01

Hello to you all! Could some-buddy explain if it's OK to install Comodo antivirus+firewall if I have already Windows-firewall? What should I do? Uninstall Wind.firewall or install only Comodo antivirus?And what is to be done with Comodo Anti-malware?Do I have to install it too?!Thanks alot!(in return I'll tell you what a wall says to another one!)

--
meintower

Maurice Joyce RE: What happens when installing new Comodo antivirus+firewall?
Handling Contributor 23rd Mar, 2009 19:38
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
You clearly know the Golden Rule of not having two anti virus programmes running.

Download Comodo Internet Security Suite (Firewall & A/V) as normal. During the install it may switch off the Windows Firewall.

Check this fact after a successful install by going to Start>Control Panel>Windows Firewall - if not switched off do it manually.

A malware cleaner should not conflict with this programme ( a very nice compact choice)

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+0
meintower RE: What happens when installing new Comodo antivirus+firewall?
Member 24th Mar, 2009 09:33
Score: 0
User Since: 18th Feb 2009
Last edited on 24th Mar, 2009 20:27
Thank you Maurice for your answer!My free Kaspersky av. has expired yesterday and I've remembered a thread, here, to which you suggested the Comodo-thing(never heard about till then).I have installed the antivirus+firewall+antimalware after having turned off Windows-firewall.A thing that I don't like ,already, about Comodo is that, without any"word", removed a very nice&dear to me-programme-Errorsmart.By the way,it was Secunia who announced about that, otherwise I wouldn't know.On the other hand,an anti-spyware(LLC-version4) is well&sound yet.Maybe I'm taking it too personally but I feel somehow aggressed when "something" is taking command on my machine!My PC -my castle,you know!And what about so many alerts that it prompts?Thanks again& I'll keep you informed about this.Meet you at the corner!(says the wall-J.D.Salinger apud).

--
meintower
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Maurice Joyce RE: What happens when installing new Comodo antivirus+firewall?
Handling Contributor 24th Mar, 2009 09:49
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
I agree with U. Programmes should not take over from the users wishes.

I would contact Comodo Support - U will find them very helpful.

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: What happens when installing new Comodo antivirus+firewall?
Member 24th Mar, 2009 23:03
Last edited on 24th Mar, 2009 23:05 How does the system connect to the Internet?

Is it Always On cable or DSL?

If it is Always On then what is the make and model of the modem?
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 24th Mar, 2009 23:44
on 24th Mar, 2009 23:03, wrote:
How does the system connect to the Internet?

Is it Always On cable or DSL?

If it is Always On then what is the make and model of the modem?

A littlebit Chinese for me but I've checked and found-"Local Area Connection-LAN-high speed internet connection" and something like "ADMtek.AN983 10/100p..." and "Internet gateway-disabled";is this what you were talking about?

--
meintower
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: What happens when installing new Comodo antivirus+firewall?
Member 25th Mar, 2009 03:42
Last edited on 25th Mar, 2009 03:49 Looks like a lot of education is required for you to understand what you need.

Who do you pay for access to the Internet?

On the computer that you use to access the Internet there has to be a connection from the LAN adapter that you gave me that goes to a small box with lights on it like Power, Ethernet, DSL or Cable and Internet.
This is the information I require.

Mine is 2Wire 2701HG-G

The reason why I am asking is that Comodo is not a bad firewall but not a very good anti virus application and tends to be quite buggy.

A good anti virus application is avast! and it is Free but there is a Fee version that has a few additional features:
http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.html
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 25th Mar, 2009 10:57
Last edited on 25th Mar, 2009 11:09
[ Looks like a lot of education is required for you to understand what you need.

Who do you pay for access to the Internet?

On the computer that you use to access the Internet there has to be a connection from the LAN adapter that you gave me that goes to a small box with lights on it like Power, Ethernet, DSL or Cable and Internet.
This is the information I require.]Yokenny said.

Thank you for your advice but I have had the Avast av. in the past and as far as I remember it was rather difficult&complicate,so I'll keep Comodo for a while,to see how it works.And I trust very much Maurice's suggestions on this matter.In the past I have tried also Trend Micro av. and Windows Live Onecare and they seemd very easy&friendly to me.So this is my actual level, but I keep learning! Although becoming a computer expert is not on my " dream of my life list".

--
meintower
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.