Forum Thread: last check: undefined

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
Oli.Muc last check: undefined
Member 19th May, 2016 16:32
Ranking: 0
User Since: 19th May, 2016
System Score: N/A
Hi,

I have recently un-and reinstalled PSI.

Now sometimes my tray icon says "all your programs are up to date" but only shows one to three recently used programs (differs every day).

if I then do a new entire scan it always keeps complaining about "last check: undefined"

Is this a known behavior?

If this is an issue on my end, can I entirely do a clean uninstall and start over from scratch? Meaning do I have to delete some profile settings / reg keys etc. before I re-install?

My System is Windows 7 Enterprise
My PSI Version is 3.0.0.11005

Thanks, Oliver

puget1

RE: last check: undefined
[+]
This reply has been minimised due to a negative Relevancy Score.
Oli.Muc RE: last check: undefined
Member 20th May, 2016 22:59
Score: 0
User Since: 19th May 2016
Last edited on 20th May, 2016 23:15
Sorry .. I don't understand a single word ... In this cae I am the user ... In uninstalled _because_ of this behaviour via appwiz ... and re-installed via fresh downloaded exe ...

Again: How do I make MY PC a virgin in terns of PSI to do a propper NEW install?

BTW: Since today PSI runs normal again (without un- and reinstall) .. Has there been changes at secunia?
Was this reply relevant?
+0

puget1

RE: last check: undefined
[+]
This reply has been minimised due to a negative Relevancy Score.
Maurice Joyce RE: last check: undefined
Handling Contributor 21st May, 2016 17:18
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
@puget1

I am the only Handling Contributor on this Forum and have no idea what you are banging on about. Looks like pure fiction to me and does not answer the question the originator has asked you.

He wants to know how to remove all traces of PSI from his computer.

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+0
puget1 RE: last check: undefined
Member 21st May, 2016 17:49
Score:
User Since: 21st Dec 2007
Knowing that there have been conflicts in the past,I respectfully request the "proper" solution to the problem.

As I have stated before: No one has the ability of knowing someone else s proficiency when suggesting poss. fixes and work a rounds.

--
Windows 10 64bit

There is No magic bullet in computing; only work a rounds.

Was this reply relevant?
+0
Maurice Joyce RE: last check: undefined
Handling Contributor 21st May, 2016 18:09
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
You are writing "double Dutch" again. The originator asked this in his opening thread:

"If this is an issue on my end, can I entirely do a clean uninstall and start over from scratch? Meaning do I have to delete some profile settings / reg keys etc. before I re-install"?

You have not yet answered that initial question.

He further asked how to remove all traces of PSI from his PC. You have not answered that either.

The originators PC knowledge has nothing to do with it. Take it that he/she is a complete novice and proceed from there.

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+3
Member 21st May, 2016 19:52
Score:
Last edited on 21st May, 2016 19:54
Right/Correct- the reply was to go to the app "file" uninstaller-uninstall and reinstall with the exe installer. Simplest beginning point. This goes clear back to Secunia 15.0.1 and the problem of installing PSI when it went to an exe. type installer and was failing to uninstall the proceeding files,so that it could install with the proper package.

" if the user used the PSI program uninstaller within the psi application itself, and then reinstalled psi with the application installer, that it would correct itself to run properly."

--
Windows 10 64bit

Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 26th May, 2016 19:34
Score:
If the inquirer still is interested here is a link that might help: http://www.digitalcitizen.life/six-ways-removeunin... O.K. if we need to go into the registry or command line we, we can go from there. Thank-you all concerned

--
Windows 10 64bit

Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 27th May, 2016 21:05
Thanks puget1,

I already tried all of those .. Currently PSI shows "all my 23 Programs" would be recent.

List is growing every day ... What I still can't do (after all ways of un- and reinstalling) is a manual scan.

I guess I have to life with this or look for an alternative.

Thanks,
Oli
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 28th May, 2016 07:38
Last edited on 28th May, 2016 07:39
Finally the issue is resolved.

If anyone runs into similar issues:

The problem at my PC was a lot of symbolic links created by the cmd command "mklink" (I used them to have my "to backup folders" on a central place on my System Partition.)

Once I moved those Links to another partition PSI was responsive again. It looks PSI did try to follow all of those links (which pointed to other partitions and disks) and basically never finished.

Thread can be closed with an again happy customer :-)
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.