Forum Thread: PSI v3 showing incorrect info

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
taffy078 PSI v3 showing incorrect info
Contributor 2nd Jul, 2016 08:49
Ranking: 408
User Since: 26th Feb, 2009
System Score: N/A
PSI alerted me to manual updates just now. At first the score was 93% - 5 programs needed updating (73 were up-to-date) but only 1 icon was showing - Foxit Reader, which was described as 'updating'. As I opened up the Snipping Tool to get proof, the score changed to 98% and the Foxit Reader icon now showed 'click to update'. I clicked and the link took me to https://www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/ - there's nothing obvious there for Foxit Reader (free) so I went to update it the normal way, by opening Foxit Reader. That said I have v7.3.4.311 and that no updates are available.

I then ran FileHippo App Manager - that says I have 6 Updates to be done (and only 40 Installed programs!). The 6 are Foxit Reader - so PSI was right as v8.0.0.624 is available - Macrium Reflect, CCleaner, Evernote, Shockwave Player (v12.2.1.171.0 should be replaced by v12.2.4.194) and PowerDVD.
Apart from PowerDVD (which wasn't shown in the list of icons) all the others were there and shown as up-to-date.

So my questions are:

(1) Given Adobe's atrocious record with insecure software, why was Shockwave in particular not shown as in need of update?
(3) If the answer to #1 is because the old version had no insecurities, that the new version was cosmetic/functional changes, then why did PSI say I had 5 programs that needed to be updated?
(3) why weren't the programs needing to be updated listed?

By the way, when installing the new Foxit Reader, my Norton IS picked up & quarantined 'Suspicious.Cloud.9' in foxit.copy exe. so I'll now have to chase up that.

As the Flexera Tech Support guys appear not to visit here, as Secunia did, I've emailed them and I'll update you.

PS Just ran PSI again - it says I am up to date, having scanned yesterday and my score is 94%!!
PPS If Programs has been unavailable for many months, can't that tab be removed, Tech Support?

--
taffy078, West Yorkshire, UK

HP Envy Win10 PC and Compaq Presario screwed up by forced upgrade to Win10 from WIn7

taffy078 RE: PSI v3 showing incorrect info
Contributor 2nd Jul, 2016 08:54
Score: 408
User Since: 26th Feb 2009
System Score: N/A

--
taffy078, West Yorkshire, UK

HP Envy Win10 PC and Compaq Presario screwed up by forced upgrade to Win10 from WIn7
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.