Forum Thread: Old embedded version of 7-zip

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
Nikilet Old embedded version of 7-zip
Member 1st Oct, 2016 13:52
Ranking: 7
User Since: 15th Jul, 2008
System Score: N/A
I posted 23rd Aug, 2016 23:44 that psi was showing two different versions of 7-zip and showing one as out of date. I was apparently linked to a program called Softmaker Office which I installed. You answered that I should notify the vendor that this was embedded in the download. You even suggested that I uninstall Softmaker and find a suitable replacement. I did notify Softmaker and they said "This 7-Zip is only necessary for the installation of SoftMaker Office. It has been updated in the setup file and will be released with the next setup."

I have now installed this new update they spoke of and the problem still remains so I went back to their forum. This time I was told by someone else, "It is part of the full install (www.softmaker.net/down/ofw2016.exe) and not replaced by the service pack installer because it is not needed after the install in any way. If it bothers you, just delete it."

What is the proper way to delete this?

No one has replied to this thread yet - be the first
This thread has been marked as locked.