Forum Thread: Adobe Flash Player 24.x (ActiveX)

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as resolved.
JAV10 Adobe Flash Player 24.x (ActiveX)
Member 15th Feb, 2017 20:22
Ranking: 0
User Since: 22nd Jul, 2010
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 15th Feb, 2017 20:24

Hello,

PSI displays the following upon opening: "Programs that need updating (2)", Despite "Adobe Flash Player 24.x (ActiveX)" being the only program displayed. From PSI's first page that appears I've tried (1) "Click to update' and (2) "Scan again." Otherwise, I've tried (3)uninstalling Flash Player and downloading, installing and running "Adobe's Latest Version" from Adobe's home site; (4) uninstalling PSI, reinstalling PSI and running it again (5) restarting and (6) powering off, waiting, then powering on again. Nothing works. I'm running W10, v. 1607 on a 2 year old HP Pavilion desktop. PSI has run on this computer perfectly since it was new. Can anyone help me get this updated properly? I need Flash Player for several apps I run. Thank you. Jim Vaughan

--
JAV

Post "RE: Adobe Flash Player 24.x (ActiveX)" has been selected as an answer.
Maurice Joyce RE: Adobe Flash Player 24.x (ActiveX)
Handling Contributor 15th Feb, 2017 21:17
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
System Score: N/A
Ignore any advice from PSI when dealing with Flash on Windows 10. Microsoft are responsible for updating the Flash Player on Windows 8 & 10 NOT PSI or any other third party vendor.

The normal Windows Update (Patch Tuesday)updates that should have been released yesterday have been delayed to correct an issue. Once released it will update your PC.

If you are concerned switch off Flash in IE and Edge until Microsoft release the patch.

Hope this helps.

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+2

This thread has been marked as locked.