Forum Thread: Updating secunia PSI

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
djfro Updating secunia PSI
Member 17th Feb, 2017 01:50
Ranking: 2
User Since: 5th Mar, 2013
System Score: N/A
I am presently running Secunia PSI with Windows 10 & google chrome. Over the past week, Secunia shows me a message that "abode flash player needs to be updated" (even though adobe is integrated into chrome which shows it's up to date). When I try to open the PSI program, it goes to the "loading" screen and stays there. I can't get the program to open.

I've trying restarting the program and even reinstalling PSI, but the problem persists. Does anyone have an idea how to remedy this?

throkr. RE: Updating secunia PSI
Contributor 17th Feb, 2017 05:47
Score: 139
User Since: 22nd Nov 2009
Last edited on 17th Feb, 2017 05:59
Hi,

Have a look at this thread : https://secuniaresearch.flexerasoftware.com/commun...
As for the Adobe FP Plugin PPAPI (for Chromium based browsers), latest version is 24.0.0.221. Be advised that this one is NOT shown in the PSI (only NPAPI and Adobe FP Active X are listed, if installed).
I made a request to support in 09/2015 (and a reminder in 10/2015) to have the PPAPI listed as well in the scan results. The answer was that they are working on it ... Maybe I'll ask them again now.
I suppose that the one you see needing an update is for IE and Edge (Adobe FP Active X) which is proposed through Windows Update, but not this month (see my post #15 in the a/m thread).

--
Win 10 Pro x64

Malwarebytes Premium - Windows Defender - SAS Pro - Flexera PSI
Cyberfox (x64) - Waterfox (x64) - SRWare Iron (x64)

- All current versions & updates -
Was this reply relevant?
+0
throkr. RE: Updating secunia PSI
Contributor 17th Feb, 2017 14:01
Score: 139
User Since: 22nd Nov 2009
Today I renewed my request to support to add Adobe FP PPAPI to the database and received following answer ;
"Thank you for your suggestion.We are currently investigating whether it is possible for us to track this properly through the Flexera Software Personal Software Inspector."

So let's wait ...

--
Win 10 Pro x64

Malwarebytes Premium - Windows Defender - SAS Pro - Flexera PSI
Cyberfox (x64) - Waterfox (x64) - SRWare Iron (x64)

- All current versions & updates -
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.