Forum Thread: PSI Not Working

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
melvinslane PSI Not Working
Member 19th Feb, 2017 22:00
Ranking: 0
User Since: 11th Dec, 2008
System Score: N/A
A week or so ago PSI quit working properly. After installing it will scan properly once but after updating everything it never completes a scan after that. I've uninstalled it and installed a new copy with the same result. I have Windows 7, 64-bit with cable Internet (and yes I'm connected to the Internet). If there isn't an obvious fix to this then I'm an ex-user because the program has gotten gradually more problematic over the last couple years and I'm getting tired of wrestling with it.

Mel Slane
Peoria, IL

Maurice Joyce RE: PSI Not Working
Handling Contributor 19th Feb, 2017 22:11
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
Last edited on 19th Feb, 2017 22:12
There are many threads about PSI not working correctly. On Friday Flexera Support belatedly told the Forum they had been tinkering with their servers but all was now fixed. Sadly that is not the case and ongoing problems are still being reported not least the speed of navigating their website.

When they will fix it is anyone's guess.

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+0
melvinslane RE: PSI Not Working
Member 19th Feb, 2017 22:12
Score: 0
User Since: 11th Dec 2008
To clarify what I said- I restart PSI after it tells me there's a program that needs manual updating, but the program never finishes opening. All I get is the Secunia PSI logo and it seems to be freezing there.

MB Slane
Was this reply relevant?
+0
melvinslane RE: PSI Not Working
Member 19th Feb, 2017 22:13
Score: 0
User Since: 11th Dec 2008
Thanks for letting me know that - at least I know I'm not the only one now !

Mel Slane
Was this reply relevant?
+0
100PIER RE: PSI Not Working
Member 22nd Feb, 2017 08:15
Score: 2
User Since: 15th Feb 2017
I have the same issue with PSI3.(I am located in France)
Sometimes its worked few minutes, and now the menu does 'freeze' .
The servers issue id finaly NOT fixed.
When this problem will be fixed definitively ?
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Leendert Kip PSI Not Working
Contributor 22nd Feb, 2017 08:30
Score: 137
User Since: 22nd Jan 2009
Since about two hours PSI stopped working. Trying to start results in contnuous loading with no result. It must be server problems/maintenance again. Nobody knows how long this will take. Just be patient.

--
PC: PWA Computers
Intel Core I3 2100 3.1Ghz
Kingston DDR3 ValueRam 4GB 1333
Kingston SSD SV300S 240GB
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bits SP1
Secunia PSI 3.0.0.11005
Internet Explorer 11
Mozilla Firefox 59.0.2NL
Google Chrome 66.0.3359.117

Laptop: MSI GT780DX
Intel Core I5-2450
DDR3 RAM 6GB
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bits SP1
Secunia PSI 3.0.0.11005
Internet Explorer 11
Mozilla Firefox 59.0.2NL
Was this reply relevant?
+0
peterspragge RE: PSI Not Working
Member 22nd Feb, 2017 12:07
Score: 10
User Since: 1st Nov 2008
Last edited on 22nd Feb, 2017 12:22
PSI 3 is still not working for me but I've replaced it with PSI 2, which does work.

Is it possible to tell PSI 2 to ignore a program on subsequent scans? (Ignore this; Ive worked it out.)

Thanks,

Peter (Windows 10 Home)
Was this reply relevant?
+0
puget1 RE: PSI Not Working
Member 27th Feb, 2017 18:25
Score:
User Since: 21st Dec 2007
Having been with psi since 1.4.0.1 and a true beliver in it, I also have experienced a rash of problems. According to Mozillia there is a problem with certificates and won't allow it to load. It further states to contact the app. administration as to the problem. I have never actually seen psi being recognized as a Microsoft partner with their Gold seal. Is there a problem with proprietry certificate with Microsoft? Maybe, a problem in syncing within Microsoft files,if not using MS Office? I've used every trick I can think of including granting permissions to all security software. Hope to have a fix soon. Otherwise, we'll have to rely totally MS Update.

--
Windows 10 64bit

There is No magic bullet in computing; only work a rounds.

Was this reply relevant?
+1
Member 27th Feb, 2017 19:15
At the moment I use PSI2 because it works.

When trying PSI3 I always got a 'freezed' look ''loading.." and so I have uninstalled it !
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Member 27th Feb, 2017 20:33
Score:
I can't even get it to work,go figure. The only other option is to have other Mozillia/Firefox users to be able to verify yes or no to what I've stated

--
Windows 10 64bit

Was this reply relevant?
+1
Handling Contributor 28th Feb, 2017 01:08
Last edited on 28th Feb, 2017 13:51
I have just installed PSI 3. There does not appear to be any problems EXCEPT for It being extremely slow like this Forum which will only be corrected once Flexera Support sort out their servers.

EDIT

Installed Version 2 this morning followed by Version 3 - all actions worked flawlessly. The speed of PSI and navigation of the web pages has also improved.

To help we need more information particularly on your comments on why they may impact on users trying to get PSI running:

Have you checked all your settings against the FAQ?

Are the PSI agent(s) running in services?

Are there any error messages in the PSI log files? For best results delete both files then try to start PSI before rechecking the log.

Why do you think Flexera's (PSI) lack of Microsoft Gold Seal is a possible cause? Vendors using Windows do not require it.

What PSI files need to sync with Microsoft (Windows)? Are you receiving a compatibility error message? Do all the PSI files in File Explorer look to be correct?

I am not aware of any relationship between PSI and Microsoft Office and it is not a Flexera requirement.
https://secuniaresearch.flexerasoftware.com/suppor...
Office comes in many variants depending on commercial and home user requirements set against cost. Which element of Office do you considered is required to run PSI?

What Microsoft certificate are you referring to?

--
Maurice

16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+2
Member 28th Feb, 2017 15:19
Score:
To tell the truth I'm stuck. A corrupt installer or bad mirror had crossed my mind and upon reading the secunia officials report felt a fix had been made. It is seldom that an error occurs at flexera end and is usually at the users. This coupled with reports that I was getting made me believe it was occuring with syncing to cloud which Windows 10 seems to be reliant upon and I am running two different p.c.'s of different years and models. Possible conflict? and have gone through most fixes from earlier years Thanks for sticking with it and I now have new routes to take. Like with other user reports it works when initially installed but within 24hrs goes haywire. If you remember there was a fix by removing a file for 32 bit so only the 64 bit file remained. One thing I am sure it must be at my side. Thanks again Puget 1.

--
Windows 10 64bit

Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 28th Feb, 2017 15:35
@Maurice,

With PSI2 on my PC is working well, response time is quite acceptable (<3s) ?

Why with PSI3 on the same PC, is there no response even after 30 minutes ?

Don't tell my 'settings' rules are not correct !

Weeks after weeks the PSI3 problem does remain.
This proof PSI2 does use different servers than PSI3.

I am located in France, My default browser is Firefox v51.0.1 (64 bits), I use W10 x64 RS1 very up-to-date. (current PSI score=99%)
Was this reply relevant?
+2
Handling Contributor 28th Feb, 2017 16:18
Why does it prove that PSI 2 and 3 are on different servers? As stated PSI 2 and 3 work flawlessly on my PC. Flexera Support have never disclosed how their servers are allocated so how do you know that that is FACT?

All I am stating to @Puget1 is what my tests have proved and asking fr explanations on some of his theories.

--
Maurice

16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+2
Member 28th Feb, 2017 18:02
The FACT is PSI3 does not work on my 3 different PC's (W10-x64) and contrary to you I don't use nor IE, nor EDGE on all of these PC's.
Default browsers are Firefox or Google.
The FACT is PSI2 does work on my 3 PC's.
I use OOSU10 for some reasons, and I use EMSISOFT Internet Security antivirus, antimalware, antiransomware.
Regards.
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Member 28th Feb, 2017 18:25
Score:
I think I am beginning to catch up with my particular problem. May, I ask of those who are having problems, are Running Malwarebytes. I forgot that it no longer is a malware scanner only. It has incorporated so many facits that it in itself is now considered a anti virus. Windows defender so observes it as such. That even with permissions it incorporates an antibot protection,and crypto prevent function. When malwarebytes had its antiexploit beta, I was having problems with apps and so removed it. If person(s) are running a lot of reduntant systems this in turn may be the cause of conflict. Will remove all security software and try running PSI as just a standalone with only Windows Defender for AV. Hopefully, after a couple of days when I begin to add back other security systems they will inturn see the established program and make allowances. NO Guarantees

--
Windows 10 64bit

Was this reply relevant?
+0
peterspragge RE: PSI Not Working
Member 28th Feb, 2017 18:37
Score: 10
User Since: 1st Nov 2008
Yes, I run Malwarebytes
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 28th Feb, 2017 20:30
Score:
Removed Malwarebytes 3.0 premium plus Crypto Prevent and allowed all "updates" permission with 00shutup only. Guess what it appears to work I also contacted Malwarebytes support to find out how to grant permissions within their app for PSI to run. Case#1244675. Will advise out come.

--
Windows 10 64bit

Was this reply relevant?
+0
Handling Contributor 28th Feb, 2017 20:37
Last edited on 28th Feb, 2017 20:42
@puget1

It is well known that version 3 is extremely volatile hence so many members still use the legacy Version 2 which, if asked, I would recommend to anyone who considers they require PSI installed on a permanent basis.

I suspect numerous users are still unable to use version 3 hence I asked for clarification of your theories because they may well be reading this thread in the hope of a meaningful solution and then become confused by unexplained statements.

To date you have not clarified anything and have now raised other issues that require explanation to readers:

Why would your two PC's have a conflict? They should have a unique PSI 50 digit ID and are treated as individual items by the PSI scanner.
Have you checked that the user ID are unique?

PSI is a 32 bit programme - I do not recall any solution being offered that required the removal of any installed files.

I only use the official download links from Flexera and cannot recall any corrupt installers - that is what I used today and they work perfectly. Where do you get your mirror downloads from?

What is preventing you from trying to install Version 2? If that does not work then you know you have real problems with your PC's.

The PC I tested PSI on has the latest version of Malwarebytes Pro and Crypto Prevent set to default - there are no conflicts so that is yet another red herring.

I will unsubscribe - pure fantasy and guess work will not solve the problem.

--
Maurice

16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+2
Member 1st Mar, 2017 06:42
Score:
It is not the first time we've seen totally differently. But basics always apply. I will know more in 24hrs. However. the frist basic is THE APP. HAS TO BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE WITH SECUNIA SERVERS for a back forth communication. Second , PSI is reliant upon Windows Update if these two areas are defeated by numerous secuity layers, the back forth communication cannot exsist or hambered greatly. I have been able to now run PSI 3 on the two p.c.'s by eliminating reduntant layers of security and establishing communication with secunia servers. Simple thats all. You have always run and stayed with solely MS and Secunia is more or less solely based on MS build. Which means you suffer less conflicts. just to let you know, I am beginng to tire of the conflicts and may go to straight MS only and ridding myself of other potential problems and expenses.

--
Windows 10 64bit

Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 1st Mar, 2017 06:42
Score:
It is not the first time we've seen totally differently. But basics always apply. I will know more in 24hrs. However. the frist basic is THE APP. HAS TO BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE WITH SECUNIA SERVERS for a back forth communication. Second , PSI is reliant upon Windows Update if these two areas are defeated by numerous secuity layers, the back forth communication cannot exsist or hambered greatly. I have been able to now run PSI 3 on the two p.c.'s by eliminating reduntant layers of security and establishing communication with secunia servers. Simple thats all. You have always run and stayed with solely MS and Secunia is more or less solely based on MS build. Which means you suffer less conflicts. just to let you know, I am beginng to tire of the conflicts and may go to straight MS only and ridding myself of other potential problems and expenses.

--
Windows 10 64bit

Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 1st Mar, 2017 12:37
Score:
It's been 8hrs and I now have psi 3 working and with a green icon.

--
Windows 10 64bit

Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 1st Mar, 2017 12:38
Score:
It's been 8hrs and I now have psi 3 working and with a green icon.

--
Windows 10 64bit

Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.