Forum Thread: Secunia/Flexera selling my e-mail address to spammers?

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
IByteTRB Secunia/Flexera selling my e-mail address to spammers?
Member 29th Mar, 2017 13:45
Ranking: 9
User Since: 8th Jan, 2010
System Score: N/A
Today I received a "survey" from some company called Respomondo on an e-mail address I exclusively created for PSI. I have never heard of Respomondo, yet they claim I am part of their "user panel". I haven't been able to find out much about them, apart from the fact that they may be a subsidiary/brand of either UserReport.com or Epinion Global, both of which have the same postal address in Copenhagen as is listed in the e-mail.

Does anyone care to explain why Flexera appears to be handing out my e-mail address to third parties?

mpereira RE: Secunia/Flexera selling my e-mail address to spammers?
Member 30th Mar, 2017 13:06
Score: 0
User Since: 26th Sep 2016
on 29th Mar, 2017 13:45, IByteTRB wrote:
Today I received a "survey" from some company called Respomondo on an e-mail address I exclusively created for PSI. I have never heard of Respomondo, yet they claim I am part of their "user panel". I haven't been able to find out much about them, apart from the fact that they may be a subsidiary/brand of either UserReport.com or Epinion Global, both of which have the same postal address in Copenhagen as is listed in the e-mail.

Does anyone care to explain why Flexera appears to be handing out my e-mail address to third parties?

Hi,

Flexera Software, or Secunia did not share email accounts from PSI users with any external organization for any purposes.

I will appreciate if you could forward the email you received to me mpereira@flexerasoftware.com together with any exchange of communications you might have had with that company, so we can look into it.

Thank you,

Marcelo Pereira
Product Marketing Manager
Flexera Software
Was this reply relevant?
+0
IByteTRB RE: Secunia/Flexera selling my e-mail address to spammers?
Member 31st Mar, 2017 13:28
Score: 9
User Since: 8th Jan 2010
The message has been forwarded.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
mpereira RE: Secunia/Flexera selling my e-mail address to spammers?
Member 31st Mar, 2017 14:43
Score: 0
User Since: 26th Sep 2016
Thank you. I am in touch with our legal department for instructions about your case. I will keep you informed.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

L1NGUS

RE: Secunia/Flexera selling my e-mail address to spammers?
[+]
This reply has been deleted

This thread has been marked as locked.