Forum Thread: PSI3 doesn't stop scanning

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
butter PSI3 doesn't stop scanning
Member 5th Apr, 2017 16:45
Ranking: 17
User Since: 10th Aug, 2009
System Score: N/A
PSI3 doesn't stop scanning and icon is grey. Using windows 7 64 bit laptop. Uninstalled and re-installed with same results.

CraigS26 RE: PSI3 doesn't stop scanning
Member 5th Apr, 2017 17:35
Score: 6
User Since: 8th Nov 2009
How long did you watch B4 declaring that it won't Stop Scanning? It seems like forever at first.
Icon is Gray..... in the System Tray by clock - OR - "Updating" in the Apps List screen?
Installing 3 OVER 2 failed for me; Deleted 2 and Secunia Folder in Programs (x86)and started from scratch. Think it took 3 installs total but doing OK now. Persevere!!!

--
Win 7-64 Hm Prem - i5 8G - FF / IE 11 - ESET ESS - MBAM Prem 3 - SuperAS Pro - Macrium Reflect - DK Pro '15 - PSI 3 - EPIM MAIL - No Flash or Java
Was this reply relevant?
+0
butter RE: PSI3 doesn't stop scanning
Member 5th Apr, 2017 18:05
Score: 17
User Since: 10th Aug 2009
I did all of that first. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled and now it says "unable to retrieve PSI user ID from secunia" Please verify you are able to connect. I can connect if I go online and go to https://psi3secunia.com/ with firefox or ie it says page not found. Any ideas. Firefox is my main browser
Was this reply relevant?
+0
butter RE: PSI3 doesn't stop scanning
Member 5th Apr, 2017 18:16
Score: 17
User Since: 10th Aug 2009
I wanted to add that when i go to the website on line it changes to flexera not secunia. I downloaded it from the flexera website.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.