Forum Thread: PSI 3.0.0.11005 never finishes updating

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
mtodorov PSI 3.0.0.11005 never finishes updating
Member 5th Jul, 2017 13:16
Ranking: 17
User Since: 20th Mar, 2009
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 5th Jul, 2017 13:27

I am running Windows 7 Professional box with MS Office 2007 package.
The system programs are up-to-date.

PSI 3.0.0.11005 runs the scan quickly. In "Notify only" mode the "click to update" links are very unresponsive, and yellow "Updating" icon never finishes.

What am I doing wrong? PSI 2.0.0.3003 worked very well for me until it expired end-of-life ... What is missing now?

psi.exe and psia.exe show 0% CPU time, meaning they are waiting for something perhaps? I don't understand ...
The same happens in "Update (recommended)" mode, all vulnerable icons go yellow "Updating" and nothing ever happens.
Is this normal? How long is it normal to wait on PSI 3?

Thank you,
mtodorov

--
"If a task is worth doing, it is worth doing right. If it is not worth doing well, it is not worth doing." -- Dr. Jack Hyles
<><

mtodorov RE: PSI 3.0.0.11005 never finishes updating
Member 5th Jul, 2017 13:47
Score: 17
User Since: 20th Mar 2009
System Score: N/A
I had in the mean time found answer by a hunch.
The problem seemed to have been in residual files from PSI 2.0.0.4003 in C:\Program Files (x86)\Secunia\PSI folder. Reinstall with removing this folder completely appears to have been successful. Now my system is updated.
Additionally, I chose "Automatic update" at reinstall. But I'd prefer manual control over updates, to be honest.

Thanks for the thought,
mtodorov

--
"If a task is worth doing, it is worth doing right. If it is not worth doing well, it is not worth doing." -- Dr. Jack Hyles
<><
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.