Forum Thread: Foxit Reader 3.0 shows as Cat. 4 threat

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

This thread has been marked as locked.
crzyallday Foxit Reader 3.0 shows as Cat. 4 threat
Member 27th Mar, 2009 18:38
Ranking: -1
User Since: 24th Feb, 2009
System Score: N/A
I installed [b]Foxit Reader 3.0[b], shows up on Secunia PSI as [b]Category 4 threat[b]. I uninstalled, reinstalled, rescanned and it still shows up. I've been ignoring it but don't think that's wise so I need somebody to tell a new user (moi) what the heck I'm supposed to do. The path is C:\Documents and Settings\name\Start Menu\Programs\Foxit Reader 3.0\Foxit Reader\Foxit Reader.exe. Now that I type this was thinking that maybe the problem is that I put it into my Start Menu. I'm a newbie and there's so much to learn. There's someway I can put a shortcut in the Start Menu and have the actual program in the Programs menu but don't remember how to do that. Can somebody please help? Also is there a Help file for Secunia?

edger1
Member 27th Mar, 2009 20:03
Score: 0
User Since: 22nd Feb 2008
Last edited on 27th Mar, 2009 21:37

Was this reply relevant?
+0
cjspaulding RE: Foxit Reader 3.0 shows as Cat. 4 threat
Member 29th Mar, 2009 20:07
Score: 0
User Since: 20th Feb 2009
I'm having the same problem. I uninstalled foxit using Revo ("deep mode"), restarted, re-installed foxit (v 3.0.2009.1301), restarted again, and re-scanned. Same result. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
CJS
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Franadora1 RE: Foxit Reader 3.0 shows as Cat. 4 threat
Member 29th Mar, 2009 21:59
Score: 5
User Since: 20th Jul 2008
I have Foxit Reader 3.0.2009.1506. It IS patched.

I think the "Category 4 Security Threat" you are seeing applies to unpatched versions - pre-version 3.0 Build 1506 or version 2.3 Build 3902. Note that the column head is "Patched Threat" and the "?" will show you that "If your computer is not patched, it would expose your PC to this threat".

So if Foxit Reader 3.0 shows under patched, all is good.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
crzyallday RE: Foxit Reader 3.0 shows as Cat. 4 threat
Member 30th Mar, 2009 07:40
Score: -1
User Since: 24th Feb 2009
Well, finally figured out what I needed to do to patch Foxit and it's no longer a security threat. However, had a note saying [b]7 other programs[b] on my PC require attention and sorry, but these are probably more difficult to patch. Didn't list what programs they were. How do I find out? It did say something about the advanced interface but gave me a warning about it being very technical. Now what do I do? Please can anyone help me.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Maurice Joyce RE: Foxit Reader 3.0 shows as Cat. 4 threat
Handling Contributor 30th Mar, 2009 10:37
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
Do not be put off by the advanced warning. Just switch to advanced mode (top right next to SIMPLE mode).

It is a fairly simple matrix - just tinker with all the options then use them to secure your PC.

Problems? Check this forum for solutions or create a new thread.

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.