Forum Thread: Opera version

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as resolved.
sldysart Opera version
Member 29th Sep, 2017 07:17
Ranking:
User Since: 18th Apr, 2011
System Score: N/A
Avast flagged Opera 47.0.2631.80 as being out of date. I checked PSI which said the same version was current. I did a rescan. It still showed Opera as current. Launched Opera and it saw there was an update to version 48.0.2685.32 available to install.

After manually updating Opera to the new version, relaunching and closing the browser and then rescanning with PSI 3.0.0.11005, it still showed Opera as current at version 47.0.2631.80.

So both the the availability of an update and ability to detect the update took place failed.

BTW, I was a skeptical holdout reluctant to give up the prior version of PSI. But as for the performance, 3.0 has turned out OK.

Post "RE: Opera version" has been selected as an answer.
Maurice Joyce RE: Opera version
Handling Contributor 29th Sep, 2017 10:21
Score: 12296
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
System Score: N/A
Flexera has not flagged any vulnerabilities in Opera version 47 on their database.

Opera Release Notes indicate version 48 is a bug fix/enhancement release not to patch a security issue.

https://blogs.opera.com/desktop/changelog-for-48/#...

On that basis PSI will not offer an update link or notify a user to update which is explained in the PSI FAQs here:

https://secuniaresearch.flexerasoftware.com/suppor...

If you want to add version 48 to the Flexera database to show in your scan results you must suggest it to them using the tool provided in PSI.

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1709 (Fall Creators Update) Build 16299.64
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+1

This thread has been marked as locked.