Forum Thread: Delayed startup or reconnect facility for Secunia PSI?

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
mmo Delayed startup or reconnect facility for Secunia PSI?
Member 5th May, 2009 08:39
Ranking: -3
User Since: 28th Apr, 2009
System Score: N/A
In our network after startup I always first have to identify (i.e. login) via a browser page. Before that, IP connections are not routed on and every connection is redirected to the login-server.

Since Secunia IP always starts up during system boot (at which time there is no connectivity, yet) I always get an error popup that it was "not able to verify the certificate" (whatever it has to do that for...) and then - after pressing OK - it terminates.

Can't one change this behavior such, that it either waits some time after startup or - instead of terminating - simple sits and waits there and tries to reconnect every couple of minutes?

The way it behaves right now I find it rather annoying and useless and will probably throw it off my system soon (or at least disable its automatic start). And whether I then remember to regularly run it, is probably rather doubtful...

Michael

Maurice Joyce RE: Delayed startup or reconnect facility for Secunia PSI?
Handling Contributor 5th May, 2009 09:22
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
Last edited on 5th May, 2009 10:05
The behavior U describe does not happen on my home network.

Me thinks U may have a business set up in which case U need a licence to use CSI to make it work properly.

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+0
mmo RE: Delayed startup or reconnect facility for Secunia PSI?
Member 5th May, 2009 10:54
Score: -3
User Since: 28th Apr 2009
That's a setup that also happens at many public hotspots (airports, cafe's etc.). There one normally first has to nod off some legal disclaimer and only after that your IP traffic is routed...

Michael
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.