Forum Thread: Adobe Reader Update 9.1.0 to 9.1.1

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
SteveYork Adobe Reader Update 9.1.0 to 9.1.1
Member 13th May, 2009 17:36
Ranking: 0
User Since: 21st Oct, 2008
System Score: N/A
I upgraded as suggested but PSI continues to say the program is insecure. I checked the version number and it reads 9.1.1. I checked the control panel "Add or Remove Programs" and the only version I have is 9.1.1. Why is PSI saying I still have 9.1.0 and that it is still insecure? Any help?

Maurice Joyce RE: Adobe Reader Update 9.1.0 to 9.1.1
Handling Contributor 13th May, 2009 17:53
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+0
marstacy RE: Adobe Reader Update 9.1.0 to 9.1.1
Member 13th May, 2009 18:15
Score: 0
User Since: 27th Dec 2008
Last edited on 13th May, 2009 18:25
When I choose run the solution, it tries to take me to a picture in SnagIt Editor which does nothing, of course.

Anybody encounter this problem?

I tried saving to my desktop and then running, but it still takes me to SnagIt Editor.

The only way I could get an update to 9.1.1 was to open 9.1 and do a "check for updates" and it installed fine. The solution offered by Secunia did not work for me.

I scanned again and all is well.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
StevenYork RE: Adobe Reader Update 9.1.0 to 9.1.1
Member 13th May, 2009 18:22
User Since: 25th Nov 2008
Thanks. You seem to be right. I used Windows Explorer to trace down to:
"c:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe". When I hover over this program, it reads version 9.1.0.163. But when I double click it, the about this program under Help reads that it is version 9.1.1. It seems that the upgrade made the change to the program but didn't update the data describing it. Do you have a suggestion how I can fix that? Thanks.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Mcd73165 RE: Adobe Reader Update 9.1.0 to 9.1.1
Member 13th May, 2009 18:34
Score: 8
User Since: 13th May 2009
I have the same problem. I completely uninstalled then reinstalled and updated Adobe Reader to version 9.1.1. The file that Secunia is pointing to in the Adobe program file is AcroRd32 and its version is 9.1.0.163 instead of 9.1.1. When I did the uninstall I made sure there were no leftovers from the previous version and there wasn't. I know that Adobe Reader is fully patched so I'm not worried about what Secunia "thinks" in this particular issue. Actually I uninstalled Adobe and then reinstalled and patched twice.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Recruiter RE: Adobe Reader Update 9.1.0 to 9.1.1
Member 13th May, 2009 19:33
Score: 1
User Since: 18th Dec 2008
I am hoping this helps! I recently found myself following everyone elses problem, and found that the solution is caused by leftover files, after an Uninstall. You need to uninstall Adobe Reader, delete leftover files, reinstall, then update Adobe Reader. I outlined what I did in another post:

http://secunia.com/community/forum/userthreads/936...

I hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Mcd73165 RE: Adobe Reader Update 9.1.0 to 9.1.1
Member 13th May, 2009 20:09
Score: 8
User Since: 13th May 2009
I stand corrected in reference to my earlier post. I said that I uninstalled Adobe and checked to be sure that there were no leftovers. I was primarily referring to the AcroRd32 file that Secunia was 'pointing" to. This time after uninstalling Adobe I deleted the Adobe folder in Program Files and reinstalled Adobe. Now Secunia is detecting it as patched! The odd thing though is that the AcroRd32 file still shows version 9.1.0.163 even though the program version 9.1.1. Go figure!
Was this reply relevant?
+0
greg54 RE: Adobe Reader Update 9.1.0 to 9.1.1
Member 28th May, 2009 16:24
User Since: 30th Oct 2008
I noticed the same behavior. I noticed that after the update that in a file manager, it didn't show the file as being modified when I did the update, it showed a date of Feb 2009 when I originally installed 9.1.I wonder if Secunia is just looking at the create date (or modified date)of the file? This would seem to be an unreliable way of determining things, especially since Adobe appears to be using non standard patches. By the way, how come you can not exclude drives from the scan? If you put , for instance, E:\ in the Ignore table, it still scans the E: drive, it just doesn't output the files it finds outdated.Is Secunia keeping a record of the contents of everybody's system? You would think that this would be easy behavior to resolve, but looking through the past posts, it has been brought up before and it still operates in the absurd way.Why would it (you) waste the time of scanning all the drives on the system if you don't care about the contents?
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.