Forum Thread: Put Secure Browsing stats on Overview

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
Quitch Put Secure Browsing stats on Overview
Member 28th May, 2009 19:19
Ranking: 5
User Since: 17th Apr, 2008
System Score: N/A
Secure Browsing is somewhat tucked away, it doesn't affect your score and it doesn't appear in the overview. It needs to be brought more front and centre with stats on number of vulnerabilities in your browsers, number of vulnerabilities in your default browser, etc.

This user no longer exists RE: Put Secure Browsing stats on Overview
Secunia Official 29th May, 2009 14:42
Last edited on 29th May, 2009 14:42 Secure Browsing should now also be displayed on the Overview page along the the system score and the graphs

--
Kind regards,
Morten Hansen
Secunia PSI Support

Secunia PSI
http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal
pudelein RE: Put Secure Browsing stats on Overview
Member 29th May, 2009 19:22
Score: 1
User Since: 16th Jan 2008
Per the preceding post, the Secure Browser statistics now appear on the Overview page of PSI. However, the number posted on my system is "33", all insecure! I do not have 33 browsers, secure or otherwise, but only "3": IE8 (with two insecure add-ons); Firefox 3 (with 1 insecure add-on); and SeaMonkey 1.1 (with 2 insecure add-ons). Without quibbling about the add-ons, the number reported should be 3.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 30th May, 2009 01:08
My comment in the preceding post can be ignored now: after restarting PSI this afternoon, the number of browsers is correctly shown as "3".
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Quitch RE: Put Secure Browsing stats on Overview
Member 30th May, 2009 01:58
Score: 5
User Since: 17th Apr 2008
How do I get this change as the responding poster did. My interface is the same as ever despite reloading the interface, reinstalling and running a new scan.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 30th May, 2009 03:01
Last edited on 30th May, 2009 15:54
Well, when I posted the preceding a few hours ago, everything was fine, as indicated. I came back just now to tell exactly how I got the updated Overview display to show, but thought I should verify the individual steps first. So I repeated them: Close PSI by right-clicking the tray icon and selecting Exit, closing down PSI. Then starting it again from the Start menu [Start | All Programs | Secunia PSI on my WinXP system]. Earlier this had got me the improved display showing "Secure Browsing" on the Overview page and the correct number (3) as well. But when I repeated this just now, I was back at the original page: no "Secure Browsing line in the Overview, the World Map in the original position. So the improvements that were made yesterday (Danish Summer Time) did not survive into the night. So maybe tomorrow?
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.