Forum Thread: dark background printing with v.9.1.1.179 using XP

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Adobe Systems
And, this specific program:
Adobe Reader 9.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
JL Krol dark background printing with v.9.1.1.179 using XP
Member 3rd Jun, 2009 23:28
Ranking: 4
User Since: 10th Dec, 2008
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 3rd Jun, 2009 23:30

Since 24Feb09, Adobe updates (Flash Player and Reader) executed have given me around a 10 percent gray background when printing "pdf" files through Reader. Secunia PSI states I have v.9.1.1.79, but clicking on the target Reader app --> properties --> states I have v.9.1.0.163. QUESTION 1: Why do I show 2 different version for Reader, and QUESTION 2: Why do my scanned docs (with Canon PIXMA MP160 printer) and saved as a "pdf" file print out with an approx. 10% grey background on my HP LaserJet 2200d printer? (Have a Toshiba labtop using XP Media Center/SP3.) Thanks in advance for answering both Adobe Reader issues.

This user no longer exists RE: dark background printing with v.9.1.1.179 using XP
Member 4th Jun, 2009 23:52
QUESTION 1 answer. You have 2 versions installed.

Also see
http://forums.adobe.com/community/acrobat/acrobat_...

Other printing questions
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/board?board.id=Print...
Was this reply relevant?
+0
JL Krol RE: dark background printing with v.9.1.1.179 using XP
Member 5th Jun, 2009 00:15
Score: 4
User Since: 10th Dec 2008
System Score: N/A
Yo Kenny provided me with two links (Adobe and Hewlett Packard). Didn't find any answers there. Did you send me the links so that I could post my relevant question(s) there? Thanks.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: dark background printing with v.9.1.1.179 using XP
Member 6th Jun, 2009 06:57
Last edited on 6th Jun, 2009 07:02
on 3rd Jun, 2009 23:28, JL Krol wrote:
QUESTION 1: Why do I show 2 different version for Reader

Go to Add/Remove Programs and un-install all Adobe readers as they seem to be plagued with vulnerabilities and if all you want to do is print pdf files then Foxit Reader is better but don't install the optional Taskbar:
http://www.filehippo.com/download_foxit

on 3rd Jun, 2009 23:28, JL Krol wrote:
QUESTION 2: Why do my scanned docs (with Canon PIXMA MP160 printer) and saved as a "pdf" file print out with an approx. 10% grey background on my HP LaserJet 2200d printer? (Have a Toshiba labtop using XP Media Center/SP3.) Thanks in advance for answering both Adobe Reader issues.

Printing problems have nothing to do with Secunia PSI so the only way you are going to find an answer to your situation is if you ask where HP situations can be resolved.

It could be a problem with the Canon not scanning the document correctly and its pdf output has the 10% grey background already in the pdf file.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.