Forum Thread: Firefox doesn't properly identify versions in PROPERTIES-2 issues

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Mozilla Foundation
And, this specific program:
Mozilla Firefox 3.0.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
JL Krol Firefox doesn't properly identify versions in PROPERTIES-2 issues
Member 24th Jul, 2009 16:52
Ranking: 4
User Since: 10th Dec, 2008
System Score: N/A
Got a Secunia PSI notice to update my Firefox. Message disappeared too quickly. 1) In Program PROPERTIES for Firefox, there is a discrepancy with what is posted in Secunia's scan findings. (I believe Secunia.) Program properties says it is v.1.9.0.3474; Item Name (from list) says that the file version is 1.9.0.12! WHY are they different? 2) I thought I had been beta-testing Firefox v.3.5 when it was first released, but can't find any evidence of that. Had had an issue with installing the Yahoo Toolbar thru Firefox, but had to uninstall it because it conflicted with my ISP's site (ATT-Yahoo, sbcglobal.net). COULD THE YAHOO TOOLBAR UNINSTALL HAVE MESSED UP FIREFOX'S VERSION REGISTRATION?

Slamgeden RE: Firefox doesn't properly identify versions in PROPERTIES-2 issues
Member 27th Jul, 2009 10:44
Score: 0
User Since: 17th Jul 2009
System Score: N/A
on 24th Jul, 2009 16:52, JL Krol wrote:
Got a Secunia PSI notice to update my Firefox. Message disappeared too quickly. 1) In Program PROPERTIES for Firefox, there is a discrepancy with what is posted in Secunia's scan findings. (I believe Secunia.) Program properties says it is v.1.9.0.3474; Item Name (from list) says that the file version is 1.9.0.12! WHY are they different? 2) I thought I had been beta-testing Firefox v.3.5 when it was first released, but can't find any evidence of that. Had had an issue with installing the Yahoo Toolbar thru Firefox, but had to uninstall it because it conflicted with my ISP's site (ATT-Yahoo, sbcglobal.net). COULD THE YAHOO TOOLBAR UNINSTALL HAVE MESSED UP FIREFOX'S VERSION REGISTRATION?

Try a rescan. And writing in English.

--
Assorted Fnords.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.