Forum Thread: PSI uses too many resources

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
sleepr0 PSI uses too many resources
Member 26th Jul, 2009 14:28
Ranking: 0
User Since: 11th Dec, 2008
System Score: N/A
I fix other people's PCs. I am a Microsoft MVP. I have found that PSI can really lock up some PCs to the point of un-usability. I recently set up XP on upgraded hardware and Acronis True Image seemed to prevent me from doing anything else while imaging a drive. I thought that maybe I was having trouble with the AHCI storage drivers, but as soon as I shut down PSI, the PC became instantly responsive again.

Secunia needs to look into this. PSI runs too heavily at all times. It uses huge amounts of RAM even when not scanning. They need tgo lighten it's footprint. I cannot recommend this product to novice users until Secunia PSI is improved.

Slamgeden RE: PSI uses too many resources
Member 27th Jul, 2009 10:35
Score: 0
User Since: 17th Jul 2009
Try opening the Process Manager, right-clicking the process, then assigning priority. Down-prioritize then program, and this should help.

--
Assorted Fnords.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
sleepr0 RE: PSI uses too many resources
Member 27th Jul, 2009 11:01
Score: 0
User Since: 11th Dec 2008
Thanks, but no - the priority must be set each time the PC starts. That is unworkable.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.