Forum Thread: Request enlightenment from:

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
puget1 Request enlightenment from:
Member 11th Aug, 2009 00:06
Ranking:
User Since: 21st Dec, 2007
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 11th Aug, 2009 01:10

I like others grateful for the work of Secunia. Just a few "simple questions" regarding security. 1.should flash player be used for the beautiful graphs received from secunia,poss alternative?. 2. knowing that i.e. 8 has a problem with a vector setting and trying to act on the temporary fix offered by Microsoft of changing setting to high with protective mode on not working and disabling Secunia. Then running through fix from Secunia for that, and in my situation having that not work until going back to medium. Shouldn't there be an option to disable scripts and or configure a proxy for Secunia to run on? I don't think it will be long before the hacker element invades, just like those spammers.

--
Windows 10 64bit

There is No magic bullet in computing; only work a rounds.

Slamgeden RE: Request enlightenment from:
Member 11th Aug, 2009 10:19
Score: 0
User Since: 17th Jul 2009
on 11th Aug, 2009 00:06, puget1 wrote:
I like others grateful for the work of Secunia. Just a few "simple questions" regarding security. 1.should flash player be used for the beautiful graphs received from secunia,poss alternative?. 2. knowing that i.e. 8 has a problem with a vector setting and trying to act on the temporary fix offered by Microsoft of changing setting to high with protective mode on not working and disabling Secunia. Then running through fix from Secunia for that, and in my situation having that not work until going back to medium. Shouldn't there be an option to disable scripts and or configure a proxy for Secunia to run on? I don't think it will be long before the hacker element invades, just like those spammers.

The CSI has proxying. "Proxy server details can be configured into the Secunia
CSI" says the official product PDF.

I'm not sure what you mean about disabling Scripts. The PSI is not a browser, outsiders don't get to run scripts through the PSI.

--
Assorted Fnords.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
puget1 RE: Request enlightenment from:
Member 11th Aug, 2009 10:38
Score:
User Since: 21st Dec 2007
Thanks-for reply, right, that explains that about scripts. Kind of cost prohibitive about csi. I have disabled the flash as i have been advised that stream items are one of the best avenues for attack.

--
Windows 10 64bit

There is No magic bullet in computing; only work a rounds.

Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.