Forum Thread: About the update for version 2.5.

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Microsoft
And, this specific program:
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
English Teacher About the update for version 2.5.
Member 20th Aug, 2009 16:49
Ranking: 2
User Since: 27th Dec, 2008
System Score: N/A
Hi,
Excuse me for asking this but I have version 2.5.50727.3053 on my computer (Windows XP Pro SP2)

I have seen, on the Microsoft website, that there is a 3.5 version, so shouldn't we be updating to that? If not, why?

Thanks

--
Never argue with Stupid People. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with Experience.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

This user no longer exists RE: About the update for version 2.5.
Member 20th Aug, 2009 17:41
Well you need to update WinXP Pro as SP3 has been available for over a year so you should go to Tools then Windows Update in Internet Explorer and install all updates as it provides performance enhancements and several Critical updates.

Go to Control panel then Automatic updates then enable at least Notify me but do not download updates.

Updating Windows to SP3 will update .NET framework.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
English Teacher RE: About the update for version 2.5.
Member 26th Aug, 2009 10:54
Score: 2
User Since: 27th Dec 2008
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 26th Aug, 2009 10:57

--
Never argue with Stupid People. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with Experience.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.