Forum Thread: New feature

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
ePost New feature
Member 23rd Aug, 2009 21:34
Ranking: -5
User Since: 5th Mar, 2009
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 23rd Aug, 2009 21:49

I could do with a list that would show me what programs I uninstalled over the years. It would be relatively easy for Secunia PSI to keep such a list because Secunia already gathers the information - it's shown in a yellow balloon when you run a scan. The information just needs to be stored to the users PC and displayed on a new tab inside Secunia PSI's GUI. It would be a simple service but of great value for all your users. Secunia's staff could use the statistical information in various ways, I guess.

There is no freeware app that can do this. If Secunia PSI would store this information that it's already collecting it would add considerably to it's value. Could perhaps be optional for the users so that we have to place a check mark in a little box or something.

MaritimeRider RE: New feature
Member 24th Aug, 2009 03:31
Score: 22
User Since: 15th Mar 2009
?Interesting Question. Not sure if you are referring to all programs,
or those that were stopped for security reasons. For the first, I personally feel that that this should be a microsoft question. If you are referring to the latter;considering the extent of this program as it is,more than satisfies my needs. Secunia now presents a comprehensive program that is easy to use and presently no fee .Very few give away anything and ask nothing in return.
You could ask MS and be prepared for a neg. reply. That being said, it only takes a few minutes to start a new folder and send the deleted programs to this folder.Then it is stored on your hard drive. This also gives easy access.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Slamgeden RE: New feature
Member 24th Aug, 2009 08:33
Score: 0
User Since: 17th Jul 2009
Why would you think you need that? What good would it do?

--
Assorted Fnords.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.