Forum Thread: PSI error says update 9.x when I have 10

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Adobe Systems
And, this specific program:
Adobe Flash Player 9.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
ohlilymylove PSI error says update 9.x when I have 10
Member 26th Aug, 2009 11:46
Ranking: 0
User Since: 26th Aug, 2009
System Score: N/A
My PSI scan results in an update required for Adobe Flash Player 9.x (ActiveX control) when in the 'add and remove programs' it clearly shows I have version 10 loaded!

Am I missing something here?

eSKzHvZreJxktYLUd4jN1oy... RE: PSI error says update 9.x when I have 10
Member 26th Aug, 2009 12:39
Score: -1
User Since: 7th Dec 2009
I just did some quick calculation and there are now more than 2000 threads about Adobe Flash Player. I suggest you see the solution in those threads.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Maurice Joyce RE: PSI error says update 9.x when I have 10
Handling Contributor 26th Aug, 2009 21:59
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
@ohlilymylove
I take it U are a new member & what @HBR says in the previous post is very relevant. There are now many good solutions on this Forum to a mulitute of problems. It is just a matter of searching for the one that suits U. That said, here is the solution for Flash.

To remove all versions of Flash from the C drive of your PC:

1. Download & use the flash Uninstaller from here:

#####Before actually running the uninstaller it is a good idea to close all browsers,PSI and any other programme U think may be using Flash #####

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

2. Reboot to clear out any left over ocx files.

3. Rescan using PSI - if there are any insecure Flash elements left what is the path to them? U should not proceed to stage 4 until all U clear any problems found.(The PSI overview page may look a little odd because it uses Flash for the pictorials)

Note: At this stage,if PSI finds any elements of Flash in the C:\i386 folder or on any drive other than C that is an OEM reinstallation partition (normally D drive) or a drive U use solely to backup your work U can safely create an ignore rule.

4. Reinstall the latest Internet Explorer Flash Player from here:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_ie/

4A.If U are also using Firefox, Opera and other Gecko-based browsers U need this link as well:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_fire...

5. Go to add/remove & double check Adobe have not installed the useless Adobe Download Manager - if U see an entry remove it.

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+0
BTINAZ RE: PSI error says update 9.x when I have 10
Member 11th Sep, 2009 01:24
Score: 1
User Since: 1st Mar 2009
I apologize for the digression, but I couldn't find the topic I need.
I have the most recent version of Flash installed, and the scan did not indicate otherwise; but it said it could not display my progress chart because I didn't have the latest version installed...
'Tis a conundrum...
My PC crashed last week and the shop removed the registry errors and malware only. It worked fine until then. Today is my first day back online and I patched the three items found (other than IE8 for-which there is no fix...).
Your guidance would be most appreciated.
BTINAZ

--
HP Core 2 Duo; WIN XP Pro; NIS2009
Secunia score: 100%
Was this reply relevant?
+1

This thread has been marked as locked.